Dedicated Server Crash during autosave

Anreill

Happens after starting the server up every time. First autosave "saving all galaxy data" or whatever it says in the console, and it just hangs there. Server doesn't kick players out or anything, you can still move around and shoot and go into build mode, but no interaction actually occurs. No damage to ships/asteroids from weapons or mining, no block placement or deletion in build mode.

Server logs from most recent session. Sorry for Drive link but they're too big for pastebin because I had verbose logging enabled.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iqDAdp_1A5sHpUkhf0pgLrsQow2xENMT?usp=sharing

Hi,

Avorion server Beta 0.28 r18042 22ea92c7177c running on Windows 8.1 starting up in "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies\Rusti"

CPU: Common KVM processor 16 Cores

RAM: 16GB

Windows 8.1? Well, I'd always prefer Linux - especially for a dedicated server.

RAM and CPU should be ok for the game.

Can you tell us a little more about the hardware? Maybe that "crash" is related to the speed of your HDD/SSD.

Virtual machine running Windows Server 2012 R2, nothing else hosted on that instance. 64 CPU cores with 256GB of RAM. Avorion VM has 4 cores and 16GB of RAM dedicated to it. All storage is NVME.

I've watched it when it hangs, no weird CPU/RAM/Drive usage occurs and everything looks normal. Server is only sitting at about 5% utilization at any given time, even with someone online.

I did a bit more fiddling and reinstalled with the stable branch. It's been running fine for two days.