Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Mine with A.I. is broken?

Modafoca1968

For some reason my A.I. ship  only mine Titanium and lower (i even get a message that my ship can't find any asteroids titanium or lower).

This happens in every sector and i have an avorion  mining system upgrade  installed permanently.Any solution for this yet?

Thx in advance

• Boxelware Team

Do you have the necessary turrets / fighters? The upgrade level doesn't count towards the level you're able to mine, only the level you're able to detect.

So if you have Iron Mining Lasers and an Avorion Mining Upgrade you still can only collect Iron and Titanium.

• 1 year later...

I did some testing on this exact thing, and it seems that if your ship has mining fighters, it checks for fighters "on the ship" to see what it can mine. So even if you high enough tiered fighters, if they're deployed and out of the ship, when checked it doesn't detect a fighter high enough that's in the ship.

I also suspect that this then sends a variable stating that it can't mine anything, and completely skips even checking for turrets...but that's just a guess based on behavior I've seen so far.

• Like 1

Similar problem with Fighters

if i have my R.Miner Fighters out mining by AI, i Stop the AI Fighters (for fighting Pirates) still out restart the mining order then i have the same issue its telling me there are no Asteroids to mine... i land the fighter restart the order and they start mining again.

On 8/26/2021 at 3:57 AM, draco918 said:

I did some testing on this exact thing, and it seems that if your ship has mining fighters, it checks for fighters "on the ship" to see what it can mine. So even if you high enough tiered fighters, if they're deployed and out of the ship, when checked it doesn't detect a fighter high enough that's in the ship.

I also suspect that this then sends a variable stating that it can't mine anything, and completely skips even checking for turrets...but that's just a guess based on behavior I've seen so far.

i opend a new topic fort that issue