Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Fleet Mining Ships Cargo Question

Batman

Hi Guys,

First time poster here. Just had a question about mining ships in my fleet. How does it work with the ore that they mine and their cargo. Yesterday I built at a shipyard, 3 tiny mining ships. Had them mining all day and the Iron and Titanium were just counting up to my total.  The ore was automatically going into my total. All was working perfectly. Anyway those three ships were destroyed and now today I have a new miner that is unable to mine because the cargo keeps filling up with ore every couple of minutes. Same size ship as yesterday.  Which is it? Are they able to mine all day with the ore total being added to your totals list or, do they mine for a bit, fill their cargo, you transfer it over and then they continue on? Very confused!

Thanks!

Josh

Hi Guys,

First time poster here. Just had a question about mining ships in my fleet. How does it work with the ore that they mine and their cargo. Yesterday I built at a shipyard, 3 tiny mining ships. Had them mining all day and the Iron and Titanium were just counting up to my total.  The ore was automatically going into my total. All was working perfectly. Anyway those three ships were destroyed and now today I have a new miner that is unable to mine because the cargo keeps filling up with ore every couple of minutes. Same size ship as yesterday.  Which is it? Are they able to mine all day with the ore total being added to your totals list or, do they mine for a bit, fill their cargo, you transfer it over and then they continue on? Very confused!

Thanks!

Josh

This sounds like the first ships you built were using normal Mining Lasers. Those have a much lower efficiency rating but immediately convert the harvested ore into usuable resources.

The replacement miner you then constructed was most likely equipped with an R-Mining Laser, which mines *raw* ore that still needs to be refined (and collected) in order to be added to your global resource pool.

That being said, I just converted an AI-controlled miner I had working for me into a raw-mining ship yesterday, and it appears that they automatically collect the refined ores after the process has finished. So you basically set up this chain of orders:

1. Mine resources

2. (optional: travel to sector with resource depot)

3. Refine resources (includes waiting to collect them afterwards)

4. (if #2 applies: travel back to mining sector)

5. Repeat and go back to Step #1

Due to the much higher efficiency rating, the raw-mining method should net you much more resources in a short amount of time compared to using standard mining beams. Just keep in mind your miners will need appropriately large cargo bays!

I hope that helps. :)

Quick suggestion:

I set up my Miners with 0-cooldown jumpdrives and have them on a loop with 1 Resource Depot per 3-5 mining sectors. Once their cargo is full they'll jump. And they'll keep jumping through Mine orders until they get a Refine order. It'll add a bit of Message spam, but I find it easier than setting up Refine orders with every mining sector.