Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

End game.

Crymson

Suggestion

One of the things I like about Avorion is the procedurally generated nature of the game and its challenges.  That said while there is alot of room to grow with faction interactions and such I would like to propose a simple but significant upgrade to the endgame gameplay.

What if upon destroying the wormhole guardian, what seemed to be the solution to the Xsotan problem instead turned out to be exactly the opposite?  Everything we have been told is that defeating the wormhole guardian would stop the Xsotan but what if instead of stopping them it made them react violently.  At one time the Xsotan were flooding in from the wormhole, but now they have established many breeding sectors throughout the core as anyone who has explored the core region has seen dozens of these. I would propose that once you kill the wormhole guardian new more powerful fleets of Xsotan begin to spawn, all the formerly passive Xsotan on the map become hostile to everyone.  And larger fleets of powerful Xsotan ships begin to spawn at the breeder sites and then move to faction sectors and attack them.  The goal then would be a long term fight against a ravening hoard of Xsotan and the eradication of key breeder Queen entities in the breeder sectors.  This would give an ever escalating conflict that would carry on beyond simply eliminating the wormhole guardian.  Perhaps it could even be made a flag in server settings so servers that want a mostly passive xsotan experience for players to grow and enjoy could have that.  Meanwhile folks who want to face a major threat and ongoing challenge after the wormhole guardian would have a reason to keep playing.

4 answers to this suggestion