Cargo space meter

FuryoftheStars

Suggestion

Quite simply, this is a suggestion to add a meter to the main screen with & similar to the health/power/etc meters showing how full your cargo space is. (Quite possibly add it as an optional toggle for those that may not care.)

When out mining/salvaging with the R version lasers, I’m constantly opening & closing the ship window to check how much storage I have left to see if I can maybe fit this next ship/asteroid in, or if I should go dump at a refinery to keep from spilling and wasting resources. (Yes, I know technically the resources are infinite, but if I took the time to mine it, I want to collect it, darn it. :D )

4 answers to this suggestion

Please don’t spam the HUD with Meters tho.

The idea itself is great and I like the simplicity of being able to see everything right from a bar.

BUT with meters like this there should be options to customize your HUD, to select which ones you actually want to see...

Quite simply, this is a suggestion to add a meter to the main screen with & similar to the health/power/etc meters showing how full your cargo space is. (Quite possibly add it as an optional toggle for those that may not care.)

When out mining/salvaging with the R version lasers, I’m constantly opening & closing the ship window to check how much storage I have left to see if I can maybe fit this next ship/asteroid in, or if I should go dump at a refinery to keep from spilling and wasting resources. (Yes, I know technically the resources are infinite, but if I took the time to mine it, I want to collect it, darn it. :D )

Yes, agreed, not everyone may necessarily care about cargo space (especially if the ship they're flying doesn't even have a hold) and so there should be an option to toggle or some other dynamic mechanic to it.  I hesitate to say have something only pop up for a brief moment when you pick something up, though, as this may not be helpful in some situations.