random thoughts about the speed of fighters

Wanderer

Suggestion

With the ai being faster, the fighters are relatively slow compared to how they used to be, and with the new ai-speed comes a bigger battlespace.

I adore the larger numbers of ai-fighters, but when i boost away at thousands of meters per second and the carrier follows me at the same speed, the carrier leaves behind its strong point: the fighters.

As fighters are already overpowered for the player, i would suggest that armed ai-fighters get a minimum speed of somewhere in the region of 300+ m/s and the carrier a new behavior system, in wich it tries to stick with it's fighters instead of leaving them behind. This way you would have to deal with both fighters and carrier at the same time, instead of carrier and fighters in separate groups.

Another solution for the bigger battlespace would be faster fighters in general, but in my opinion the player will benefit the most out of that, making fighters even more overpowered than they already are. I would like to see armed fighters having their top speed upped to around about 600 m/s, but not a lot.

But please, dont let them leave behind all their fighters...

Any additional thoughts, suggestions or remarks?

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet