LordHavoc's Shipyard - keep checking back for updates

LordHavoc

This is as complete as i'm gonna get it. This has been a very tough road to get this far.

The stats are very reasonable

Cost is just shy of 25000 Trinium for the full thing

I'll have a look at what service other people are using to host their xml files. Pastebin isn't going to cut it for this 1.8meg xml

Even with block merging, still got 6000+ blocks. (When I was putting it together i hit over 20k blocks at one point :D)

Mediafire or Dropbox would be able to handle the xml sizes with no issues.

• 4 weeks later...

That's some excellent work LordHavoc.  I really like the Romulan  D'deridex Class Battlecruiser, and the Mimbari White Star.  there does seem to be some weird shapes\angles on the white star's "wing lights"  that don't seem to look quite right, but then again that ship is such a curvy multiple angles ship design,  it's not at all easy to get 100% right.

Also, I never realized your signature pic I see everywhere of Homer going woohoo in a space cloud, was actually a homer shaped ship.  I though it was just a Photoshop job, so... good job  :)

That's some excellent work LordHavoc.  I really like the Romulan  D'deridex Class Battlecruiser, and the Mimbari White Star.  there does seem to be some weird shapes\angles on the white star's "wing lights"  that don't seem to look quite right, but then again that ship is such a curvy multiple angles ship design,  it's not at all easy to get 100% right.

Also, I never realized your signature pic I see everywhere of Homer going woohoo in a space cloud, was actually a homer shaped ship.  I though it was just a Photoshop job, so... good job  :)

Yeah, that white star was a tough one that took ages...and it was built in the times when the client crashed loads when building so it was even more painful. I gave it up as a near completion, hence ithe funny looking wings...just one crash too many i guess.

I do like how the Romulan ship turned out, it was interesting getting the wing curves to look right. I used a 'ribs' technique; basically at each point along the Y-axis changes, i flesh out a rib. Once they're all in place, I can then use the triangle pieces to try to join them up. And the result is what you see.

Homer just plain fun sillyness :)

Also -  i'm on temporary break until next patch. But I've got a klingon bird of prey thrashed out in the drawing board. I'm going to go for crazy accuracy on this one. So probably 20k block build again