Looking to mod resource spawn quantites and utilities

tipsymagi

Hello, new player here and modder of any game that would let me.

I was wondering if anyone has discovered how to increase the resource spawn chance yet? I would like to up the resource asteroid count by about 3-5% more. Finding an asteroid field of 300 and only coming across 10 or so seems a bit low.

Either that, or a way to have the fields respawn faster.

UPDATED TO ADD: Also, if possible a few changes to ship utilities. Is there a way to change quantities? Right now my ship only has 2 slots, looking to add another or make a slight change to starter upgrades like the radar range utility.

Hello, new player here and modder of any game that would let me.

I was wondering if anyone has discovered how to increase the resource spawn chance yet? I would like to up the resource asteroid count by about 3-5% more. Finding an asteroid field of 300 and only coming across 10 or so seems a bit low.

Either that, or a way to have the fields respawn faster.

UPDATED TO ADD: Also, if possible a few changes to ship utilities. Is there a way to change quantities? Right now my ship only has 2 slots, looking to add another or make a slight change to starter upgrades like the radar range utility.

1)

Resource-asteroid-fields are generated in scripts/lib/SectorGenerator.lua

function SectorGenerator:createDenseAsteroidField(probability)
function SectorGenerator:createAsteroidField(probability)
function SectorGenerator:createSmallAsteroidField(probability)
function SectorGenerator:createEmptyAsteroidField()
function SectorGenerator:createEmptySmallAsteroidField()

Is where you'd want to look. (probability is the % of "rich" asteroids). Gameplay wise there are also "hidden" resource asteroids, which look like normal ones, but have a very large amount of resources in them.

2)

All code about asteroid respawning is in /scripts/sector/respawnresourceasteroids.lua

3)

To get more slots, build a bigger ship. (Up to 15 Slots). There is no easy way to increase that specific value. (only changing .exe)

upgrades are defined in /scripts/systems/