Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Looking to mod resource spawn quantites and utilities

tipsymagi

Hello, new player here and modder of any game that would let me.

I was wondering if anyone has discovered how to increase the resource spawn chance yet? I would like to up the resource asteroid count by about 3-5% more. Finding an asteroid field of 300 and only coming across 10 or so seems a bit low.

Either that, or a way to have the fields respawn faster.

UPDATED TO ADD: Also, if possible a few changes to ship utilities. Is there a way to change quantities? Right now my ship only has 2 slots, looking to add another or make a slight change to starter upgrades like the radar range utility.

Hello, new player here and modder of any game that would let me.

I was wondering if anyone has discovered how to increase the resource spawn chance yet? I would like to up the resource asteroid count by about 3-5% more. Finding an asteroid field of 300 and only coming across 10 or so seems a bit low.

Either that, or a way to have the fields respawn faster.

UPDATED TO ADD: Also, if possible a few changes to ship utilities. Is there a way to change quantities? Right now my ship only has 2 slots, looking to add another or make a slight change to starter upgrades like the radar range utility.

1)

Resource-asteroid-fields are generated in scripts/lib/SectorGenerator.lua

function SectorGenerator:createDenseAsteroidField(probability)
function SectorGenerator:createAsteroidField(probability)
function SectorGenerator:createSmallAsteroidField(probability)
function SectorGenerator:createEmptyAsteroidField()
function SectorGenerator:createEmptySmallAsteroidField()

Is where you'd want to look. (probability is the % of "rich" asteroids). Gameplay wise there are also "hidden" resource asteroids, which look like normal ones, but have a very large amount of resources in them.

2)

All code about asteroid respawning is in /scripts/sector/respawnresourceasteroids.lua

3)

To get more slots, build a bigger ship. (Up to 15 Slots). There is no easy way to increase that specific value. (only changing .exe)

upgrades are defined in /scripts/systems/