Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Chained Jump Route

Xeteco

Suggestion

Hello,

I had an idea... : Chained Jump Points

When in the galaxy map, hold a specified key to add a jump point based on the last placed jump point (so when holding down the key the circle of reachable sectors would be centered on the last selected destination.)

This would enable creating a series of jumps.

An option to selecting each jump point along the path would be to designate a destination (probably outside of the reach of the ship) and then the computer would select which sectors to select as jump points to reach the requested destination.

Either method having been used to select a chain of jump points (a jump route) would cause the following procedure to occur

Upon exiting the galaxy map the standard "calculating jump route" message would appear.

The time to calculate the route would be cumulative of all the jumps, so this method would take longer to calculate.

Each jump would still require the player to orient the ships facing and initiate the actual jump.

After each jump; however, the next jump nav point would be ready immediately (or possibly a very short "Loading next jump point" message)

This would mean the player would need only possibly orient the ship facing and wait for jump drive cool down.

This would help a lot when a short jump range ship needs to travel several sectors (say your drone gets sent back to start......)

It would also help if say you had a specific trade route you wanted to run, you could select all your spots and even though the nav is locked on the next point, being that the player has to initiate the jump, the player would have the opportunity to do trading in the sector before doing the jump.

Thanks again for all the work!

Regards,

Bear

2 answers to this suggestion

Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle, is that not the coolest!  Thank you for replying!

... Just tried that and I see it works when a "captain" pilots the ship - which is awesome btw,

but I was thinking of a plotted course for a player piloted ship.

When in the Galaxy Map, if I click on my craft, and plot a course it will tell me I can't command the

craft I'm steering.

Another idea on the topic:  Those load screens between sectors..... You could list good juju like this there.

Kind regards,

Bear