Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Pilot Seats

Xeteco

Suggestion

Hello,

An interesting and fun idea popped to mind just now: Pilot Seat:

In build mode, you would have a button that would allow you to select a block or blocks and designate them as "Pilot Seats"

Add a key bind that would take the viewpoint from the games existing external view point when piloting a ship to a first person view point placed at the last used "Pilot Seat" of that ship or if none has been used yet the first designated "Pilot Seat" from the build menu or if there are none just an error message indicating "You have not yet designated a pilot set"

Add a key bind that would cycle between pilot seats for that ship if in first person view mode

The key bind that takes you to first person would also take you back out

Because it would be fun as heck to actually feel like I was inside my fighter or on my command deck!

The mechanics of flight and view should all work the same, this just moves the viewpoint to a specific location on a per ship basis

For instance I built a Firefly (ish) ship and it would be fun to fly that from the cockpit point of view, even if it was from just forward of the cockpit window block - which the viewpoint would need to be, just straight forward, just past the edge of the designated block so the viewpoint would not actually be in the block - similar to how the lights work

If designating any block as "Pilot Seat" would be difficult to code, then possibly adding a block for it (again the light block comes to mind) would work.

Update:  I just wanted to add:  When multiple players pilot the same ship....yeah...each could occupy their chosen pilot seat if there were more than one, port gunner, starboard gunner, aft gunner, etc.....

Thanks for all of the wonderful and dedicated work - this is truly an amazing game!

Regards, Bear

• Thanks 2

6 answers to this suggestion

As I had the same idea, bumping this thread.

Early game when the ships are small this is not so important.  But by late game when I'm trying to aim turrets on my massive battleship, a front and center "first person view" would be extremely helpful.

On longer ships, you can only scroll forward to a certain degree.  It seems the point of perspective is from the rear of the ship.

I agree.  It would be nice to have some options set that point of perspective, instead of being locked in default.