AI Mining Setup

lazerious

generally, for AI controlled mining ships, you actually want it to have poor manoeuvrability(with breaking thrust being highest (due to how the ai flies)), so that the turrets can track their target faster than the ship turns.

save the resourcer ship up there to your computer and put the file in

C:\Users\???????\AppData\Roaming\Avorion\ships

its far from optimised, but it does the job.

I just tried it last night and indeed it works better than what I had. And indeed it is very *not* manoeuvrable. Which seems to work as intended. :)

yes, you could put the extra turrets on your main ship, and that would be faster, but also more boring. and you would have to stop to deal with xsotan & pirates anyway.

In the end I got fed up with having to backtrack to retrieve my other ships every time they would not jump with me or fail to follow me through a wormhole. So I decided to increase the size of my main ship so that I could add a +4 unarmed turret upgrade and add more (auto-targeting) mining lasers. And then I scraped my whole fleet. I'm going to solo the game until I get fighters I guess.

Regardless, thanks again for the advice here. It definitely improved things for me.