[Q:] Does Production Capacity affect all simultaneous productions?

Thundercraft

As I understand, ships with a hangar can produce several new fighters simultaneously, depending on the material that the Assembly is made of and depending on the total number of Assemblies. (For example, Assemblies made of Trinium or Xanion allow production of up to {a maximum of} 3 simultaneous fighters, assuming you've installed 3 such Assemblies. Assemblies made of Ogonite would allow up to 4 and those made of Avorion would allow up to 5, assuming you've added that many Assemblies.)

Question 1: With the "Production Capacity" listed on the ship's Status tab or Build screen, does this Production Capacity apply to each simultaneous fighter production?

For example, if my ship has a Production Capacity of 400 as a result of adding 4 Trinium Assemblies that each add 100 to Production Capacity and I'm trying to produce fighters that require a Production Effort of 40,000, does that mean my ship can produce 3 such fighters every 100 seconds or so? [40,000 divided by 400 = 100 seconds]

Or, alternatively, is the Production Capacity limited on a per-Assembly basis? In my example above, would it take 400 seconds or so to produce such fighters? [40,000 divided by 100 per Assembly = 400]

Question 2: Assuming that the answer to above is that Production Capacity is not limited on a per-Assembly basis, is the added Production Capacity of Assemblies beyond the simultaneous limit of the material (3 in the case of Trinium or Xanion) still counted?

In my example above, I have to wonder if, perhaps, the time it would take to produce 3 fighters simultaneously might be more like 133.3 seconds, if the Production Capacity of the 4'th Assembly gets ignored/wasted. [40,000 divided by 300 per Assembly = ~133 .33 seconds]

P.S.: Maybe I'm just overthinking this and it's not really that complicated?

• 2 weeks later...

To answer my own questions:

Q 1) Production Capacity is split between all simultaneous fighter productions. So, say, if your ship has a Production Capacity of 3000 and you are only trying to produce 1 fighter at a time, then all 3000 of that will go to making the production of that fighter relatively fast. But if you try to do 2 fighters simultaneously, then that Production Capacity is split between them, effectively giving just 1500 Production Capacity per each. And if you try to do 3 fighters simultaneously, then it just provides 1000 Production Capacity towards each fighter, etc.

Q 2) Production Capacity is not limited on a per-Assembly basis. And adding more Assemblies to a ship (beyond the material limit; i.e., 3 for Trinium or Xanion, 4 for Ogonite and 5 for Avorion), will indeed add more Production Capacity to speed up fighter production (again, split up between the simultaneous productions).

Worth noting is also that unless you have two assembly blocks there will be only one production line. So, one big block of say Xanion wont give you two  production lines. Two blocks of Xanion will though, and so on. I didnt realize this until yesterday when I rebuilt a carrier and replaced several smaller production blocks with one big.