Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Why not have Torpedoes as loot, same as Modules and Turrets?

Thundercraft

Suggestion

On the server where I often play, it seems hardly anyone ever uses torpedoes. And the reason why should be self-evident: Torpedoes cost money and aren't exactly cheap. Every time we fire one we're throwing away money. It's not that they're not effective (like certain kinds of turrets I could name), but they don't seem worth the cost.

My solution: Have Torpedoes drop from enemies as loot, the same as Modules and Turrets. By giving players some free Torpedoes as a semi-common drop, they won't have to pay so much to buy them, giving them incentive to actually install Torpedo launchers and use them.

It only makes sense, after all: If we can salvage Modules and Turrets from enemies and Wreckages, why not Torpedoes? Some enemies definitely fire Torpedoes at us, including Pirates and Bounty Hunters, so we know that they carry them in their ships.

1 answer to this suggestion

Many players would like a more uniform system, where you can produce turrets, modules and torpedoes similar to fighters.

If you are interested in that, you might find this thread informative/inspiring.

On the original topic:

Looting torpedoes is a planned feature anyways, you just have to be a itttle more patient on that one :)