Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Will some mods get adapted into the vanilla game?

Thundercraft

Suggestion

I'm just wondering if any of the mods has ever been adapted into the main game? Are there legal or other complications which prevent this?

A number of mods seem quite amazing to me. And, after use mods for a while, I find some mods indispensable. I find it hard to play vanilla now. And I have noticed some other players making comments such as saying that they do not understand why certain mods are not already a part of the official game.

Edit:

To answer my own question: I just noticed that a function similar to FindStation was added to the base game, making said mod obsolete. I'm not yet aware of other examples, but I guess that I shouldn't be surprised if there are similar cases.

2 answers to this suggestion

We are aware that there are a lot of mods and that people want some of them integrated in the vanilla game. We have and we will integrate existing mods to the game. In general there is no legal issue to do so, but we are very careful which mods we use. Some of the mods we do integrate are long planned features which were just not yet implemented, others work around some issues we have to fix differently.

On the other hand, there are many mods which implement things, we don't see as important part in the game. We are only four people and don't have the resources to do everything.

Some of the mods also don't match with the vision we have for the game. This is the reason why we support mods in general, so that everybody can realize his or her own vision of the game.