Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Build mode's block visibility and layers

Spidyy

Suggestion

I guess someone must have asked for it somewhere in the forum, long ago. :p

- For the "Hide Specific Blocks", could you allow to select multiple blocks to show/hide at a time?  I often cover my ship with a thin layer of armor and lots of different system blocks below, but with the current system, I can only select the engine, or the generator, or the armor blocks, or the armor edges, etc. It makes it hard to see how my ship is organized internally.

- In the same way, a good addition would be to add "layers". When we place block, it would be interresting to assign it a layer. (like in Adobe Illustrator, without the tree hierarchy) That way, when we are building colossal ships, it would allow us to build the ship in an onion way, so by hiding/showing per layer, we can clearly see the blocks in the middle of the ship, hidden inside a thicker layer of other systems/armor.

ar_14.png

3 answers to this suggestion

I also would like to have the ability to reveal multiple blocks, plus the ability to hide one specific block, which is a function that the current button name suggests.

I've started using framework blocks to construct my ships, Spidyy. I use different materials of that block so I can view the pieces surrounded by other pieces using the "hide specific blocks" button. After construction, I transform and merge the framework. I hope this explanation my method is of use to you!

Yeah, the "Hide Specific Blocks" thing sucks. Instead of giving you a drop down menu of all the types of blocks you have. It should just have a check box next to the list of all the types of blocks you have and let you hide/unhide them by checking/unchecking the box.

Also instead of layers, I would suggest a "cross-section plane" kind of thing. Not sure what it should be called. But basically, you turn that option on like you would for the mirror options and it creates a plane that kind of looks like the mirrors but on one side of this plane all blocks are hidden and on the other side the blocks are visible. You can then rotate, then slide the plane to see a cross section of your ship from the side, top, bottom, etc... Just need to rotate it to the side you want hidden.

Also also, there should be an option to turn off light effects to make it easier to see inside the dark corners of your ships. XD