What are ideal ship roles for each Xsotan system?

SneakyTacts

I'm constructing my fleet of eight ships for the wormhole to the center. I'm brainstorming to describe specialized ships in my notes for each system. This is what I've come up with so far, but I'd love to hear what you all have to suggest for the XSTN-K systems:

A medium-sized, unhasty fighter spacecraft carrier with XSTN-K VI for AI pilots.

A relatively small, nimble, and shield-heavy ship for repairs with XSTN-K IV for 10 unarmed turret slots.

A new flag ship for XSTN-K V and excess XSTN-K sytems. It will have: (I won't paste more)

I think that the merchant's XSTN-K IVs, the 10 unarmed turret slots one,  should also be used for a bunch of miners, but that's not militaristic style I'm going for for these special eight ships. I probably could've thought of more, but I've been setting goals for my new flag ship ever since I wrote that third line, lol.

Here are all the systems and their effects for your reference:

XSTN-K I. A "key".

XSTN-K II. +8 armed or unarmed turret slots.

XSTN-K III. +10 armed turret slots.

XSTN-K IV. +10 unarmed turret slots.

XSTN-K V.

Generated Energy +30%

Recharge Rate +25%

Armed Turret Slots +2

Armed or Unarmed Turret Slots +1

Unarmed Turret Slots +2

Shield Durability +25%

Jump Range +3

Hyperspace Cooldown -20%

Recharge Energy -15%

Cargo Hold +30%

Velocity +30%

Loot Collection Range +0.1 km

Deep Scan Range +3

Radar Range +5

XSTN-K VI. Zero pilots, gunners, and miners.

XSTN-K VII. Generated Energy +200% and Recharge Rate +125%

XSTN-K VIII. +10 jump, -90% cooldown, -80% recharge energy.

I'd recommend a nimble scouting shop with viii and i, Flagship armed to the teeth with ii, iii and v, a large dedicated carrier with vi and v if you can spare it, (use a couple squadrons of Salvage fighters for scooping up all that delicious Avorion inside the Core), and I do like your idea of a repair ship with ii, might go nicely with vii as well since those beams can get power hungry. Otherwise build a pure energy ship for breaking shields, using vii to keep those weapons firing.

Thanks to your help, this is a list that I'll be following for the time being.

I for a torpedo boat,

II for an unspecialized large ship,

III for another large ship,

IV for a repair ship OR a salvaging ship used against hull HP,

V for the flagship,

VI for a dedicated carrier,

VII for a ship with high-damage and power-consuming energy turrets OR the repair ship,

VIII for a scout.

To everyone else, please share your thoughts! What is important or fun to have in a fleet?

The list above is restricted to assigning one system per ship. Here's a list where that rule does not apply:

- A secure torpedo boat holds I (key) and remains an indirect target of the enemy at the rear.

- A pair of well-rounded, powerful "battleships" that differ from each other utilize II (both turrets), III (armed) and excess Vs ( lil' bit of it all), each.

- Multiple auxiliary and defensive assistants for holding spoils or cargo, using turrets of repairs and mining, and summoning repair and mining fighters keep IVs (unarmed) and excess VIs (AI pilots).

- The multipurpose flagship, of course, contains all systems, but perhaps not I (key).

- A dedicated fighter carrier possesses VI (AI pilots).

- That ship armed solely with energy-consuming and shield-disrupting weapons owns VII

- A compact and swift scout carries VIII (hyperspace) for the purpose of exploration and to warn the fleet of danger in nearby systems, although nothing can defeat me lol.

XSTN-K II. +8 armed or unarmed turret slots.

- this one can be exploited with ships that want to maximize both fighting&salvaging, or fighting&mining, by having more turrets than ship can use. You can have a ship with armed turrets occupying 9 armed slots with unarmed turrets occupying 9 unarmed slots, while having only this single module. You need to be aware that you will have only one group active at a time

XSTN-K III. +10 armed turret slots.

- a must have for any combat ship,

XSTN-K IV. +10 unarmed turret slots.

- a must have for any salvage/mining ship

XSTN-K V. (a lot of bonuses)

- only for Cargo ships. Underrated, but highly recommended for (non-combat) cargo ships, as this is the only combat module that provides utility (%cargo, speed, energy...), or as the only utility module that provides enough armed slots for self-defense.

XSTN-K VI. Zero pilots, gunners, and miners.

- for small AI carriers that utilize 120 fighters for mining/salvaging. You pay less money for crew, but you sacrifice one system slot for it. Since money are not a problem, crew should not be a problem, so I don't recommend using this module.

XSTN-K VII. Generated Energy +200% and Recharge Rate +125%

- for lightning spammers or highly calculated/optimized builds that want to sacrifice a system slot to use less Energy generator blocks, and thus having a lighter/faster craft. Recommended for highly optimized (big) cargo ships

XSTN-K VIII. +10 jump, -90% cooldown, -80% recharge energy.

- a must have for many ships, most useful on cargo and combat ships controlled by player.

Thanks, Eruner. That information on II will be especially helpful! I also did not fully realize that trading will be a quick job with VIII installed. V might be most helpful when paired with a cargo hauler, but I would prefer to experience each bonus on my personal well rounded ship.

You’re definitely right about VI. It might not save money, but it is most effective on space-efficient carriers. I hope this artifact (and the first, I) will be reconsidered since the recent beta patch of 0.21.3 drastically reduced the previously tame crew salaries.