Any way to remove rift expansion?

Varthar

Hi all, I've been searching but I can't seem to find anything, so I ask: Is there any way at all to stop the rifts from expanding? A mod or a way to edit server files or something? I dont mean removing all rifts or the ring in the center, although I may settle with that.

I know its a cool feature and makes sense since the idea is to push into the middle, but mostly I just play to chill, I spend lots of time just moving about, building unpaused, etc., and I've read I can cheat some avorion in and move over the rifts and get into the middle (where I guess rifts dont expand?), but that's still a bit anti-chilling for me, and leaves a smaller playfield in the end.

I have no idea if the rifts expand in creative mode, but that wouldn't be what I'm looking for either.

If anyone knows of a way to deal with this, I'd appreciate it, thanks for reading anyway.

Do the rifts actually consume sectors over time? I haven’t noticed that, so I don’t think that’s true. Maybe you worry that the map will become crowded from expansion? Yeah, I don’t believe that happens. But if you don’t like how many rifts already exist, perhaps someone knows how to edit sectors.

I think that you might be confused from the NPC’s dialog. When they claim that the rifts have been expanding, that’s probably only a part of the story over hundreds of years and not happening as you play the game.

Yeah the rifts expand, I "thought" I saw some friendly sectors disappear into it, I have marked a couple now but haven't had time to confirm it myself, but I've read in plenty of posts that it happens, I don't know how long it takes, a hella long time for sure, but it would still be nice to just completely forget about it.

• 1 year later...