Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Any way to remove rift expansion?

Varthar

Hi all, I've been searching but I can't seem to find anything, so I ask: Is there any way at all to stop the rifts from expanding? A mod or a way to edit server files or something? I dont mean removing all rifts or the ring in the center, although I may settle with that.

I know its a cool feature and makes sense since the idea is to push into the middle, but mostly I just play to chill, I spend lots of time just moving about, building unpaused, etc., and I've read I can cheat some avorion in and move over the rifts and get into the middle (where I guess rifts dont expand?), but that's still a bit anti-chilling for me, and leaves a smaller playfield in the end.

I have no idea if the rifts expand in creative mode, but that wouldn't be what I'm looking for either.

If anyone knows of a way to deal with this, I'd appreciate it, thanks for reading anyway.

Do the rifts actually consume sectors over time? I haven’t noticed that, so I don’t think that’s true. Maybe you worry that the map will become crowded from expansion? Yeah, I don’t believe that happens. But if you don’t like how many rifts already exist, perhaps someone knows how to edit sectors.

I think that you might be confused from the NPC’s dialog. When they claim that the rifts have been expanding, that’s probably only a part of the story over hundreds of years and not happening as you play the game.

Yeah the rifts expand, I "thought" I saw some friendly sectors disappear into it, I have marked a couple now but haven't had time to confirm it myself, but I've read in plenty of posts that it happens, I don't know how long it takes, a hella long time for sure, but it would still be nice to just completely forget about it.

• 1 year later...