Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

How to cross The Barrier?

SneakyTacts

Soon I will have all 8 Xsotan artifacts, but I’m not sure exactly how they must be equipped. I think the wiki says I need 8 separate ships with one system piece each, but the pinned board in this “General” section seems to suggest that they can all be equipped on one ship. What is true?

Also, is it possible to have many of each Xsotan system piece? I bought two XSTN-K IVs from two different merchants, but when I killed Bottan for the second time, he did not drop another artifact. I assume this means that all bosses will not drop more artifacts, but I can buy more IVs.

Bosses should drop artifacts every time you kill them (at least true in multiplayer).

When you want to move on to the core, you gotta find one of the Haati Gate sectors (search yellow blibs near the barrier).

If you are there, take 8 different ships, put one of the modules in each and then place them close to the asteroids with the same number as your artifacts got on them. Tada! Magical mystical beams (and an evil little suprise) occur and you got a passage to the center of the galaxy. The bad thing about this is that with doing so you will enter a not very developed zone in terms of game design. I actually stopped playing several times after crossing the barrier cause I got bored and started a new galaxy.

Have fun playing!

• 4 weeks later...

Another thing to keep in mind ...

The ships that each carry the needed artifacts DO NOT need to survive.  If they DIE the artifact will drop in proximity to associated gate and you can enter.

ONCE you enter the gate, you can cross the barrier at will.  You can go back and retrieve all your artifacts and still enter the interior zone.

The ships that each carry the needed artifacts DO NOT need to survive.  If they DIE the artifact will drop in proximity to associated gate and you can enter.

ONCE you enter the gate, you can cross the barrier at will.  You can go back and retrieve all your artifacts and still enter the interior zone.

Very helpful information, thank you!