Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Much Needed Improvements Post Beta 0.21.2

icycooladdict

Suggestion

I've put some serious time recently into the game and had come across a few times something I felt needed correcting or improvement. Here's a list I've compiled of immediate (not necessarily easy) improvements that would really help the game without introducing any new mechanics.

-Fleet icons with health and bugout ability. There's space on the left side of the screen to list the icon of the ship and a small health bar below it (just like the circular pictures in map mode but with tiny health bars below even overlapping). They would pop up if they are in danger. Too many times the notification has popped up but I missed it because I'm researching and a massive queue has amassed and it's still getting to it. Furthermore the option to set a bugout sector that has the ship warp immediately to. Multiple jumps would be used if necessary. This would be accessible from the popup icon of the ship (like fighters) and commanded quickly. They could blink yellow when in a system with hostile ships and blink red when they're being fired upon. Ships not in danger would not show.

-Notification segmentation. There needs to be a major overhaul of notifications. They are too large and too numerous. If you have two fleets operating in different sectors and stations while you are in another sector salvaging it's easy to miss important notifications. A possible solution is to separate the notifications into different parts for different reasons. For example the top third of the original area is dedicated to warp ins from pirates and craft under attack, the middle for items, and the last third for resources. At least this would allow important mechanics to work but show the most impacting notifications longer.

-Tabs for turrets and module types in inventory window. The search bar is great, but having multiple tabs based on turret and module type would be a wonderful addition. The leftmost tap could be "All" like we have now and more tabs to the right have lasers and thruster modules for example.

-The ability to command your own ship in RTS mode. When I need to move my mining fleet out of danger I usually put my main craft (it's a tank) between the offenders to distract them long enough for escape. When I'm in RTS mode I cannot coordinate that. I would hope if I exited RTS mode it would put me back in my ship like normal and cut off the commands I gave it.

-Depth indicators for ships in RTS mode. See picture for example.

21211235-3e9f-4933-9f8d-5fccf4565bce_scaled.jpg

-Tab in ship details for writing notes. They can stay with the ship and even follow through steam too. There's room to the right of Co-Op controls.

-Tab in player window where we could write things. Maybe a journal style with nameable sub-tabs. There's room next to the Alliance Tab

-Shade density and font size slider for black background of notifications. They take up a lot of the screen.

-The station price ratio is confusing. Needs example or other clarification. Maybe independent sell and buy % sliders

-Caravanning. Assemble a fleet unit where all units assigned to fleet stay/warp/etc. with fleet unless doing something like refining. It would allow single-command options to assemble and move. It could be limited by the smallest jump distance.

-Player trade stations with selectable sale items. I can't tell you how many times I wish I could get rid of 6 units of coffee and 10 units of copper. If we could dump it in a station and set a price where ships could come get it I believe the game would feel less grindy. Same with requesting items. You could request items (like that targeting system you just can't find a factory for) but pay a high price for it.

-History of all notifications. Possibly split up into multiple tabs based on subject (e.g. important notifications, crew payments, resources, etc.) Also a short statement of income/expenses over a time period. Nothing crazy just maybe a balance over the last hour to see where some resource flows are.

I hope you all give these consideration.

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet