Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Beta 0.21.2 Bug List

icycooladdict

Foremost I apologize for not following posting protocol by not making separate posts for each bug, but I didn't want to  flood the forum page. I can do just that if wanted. I've put in 150+ hours over the last 3 weeks and found these bugs. (Worst are in red)

-Clipping of popup info box on mouse hover on right of UI through popup notifications black bar

-Exiting strategy mode rotates ship

-Mining ships warping to refine ores (no player involved) drop ores for refinement but when you try to pick them up the refinery doesn’t have it losing all your ore. (After further testing the ore is added to the player’s inventory but not notified as per my testing. This goes for scrap and ore. If the ordered refining ship leaves the system it refined in, the ores are added. The ores are not added if the refining ship remains in system. If that is the case selecting the sector on the map gives the ores. No need to warp there. A notification that ore was given needs to be in place.)

-Player owned factories only work when player is in sector but still charge crew pay. They start working when player warps in.

-When building green/red numbers on right hand stats when adding blocks are incorrect

-Game “freezes” occasionally causing module movement and station actions to not react until freeze is over. Backlogged actions are all taken at once. This is most notable on the research station when researching large numbers of things. The freezes are usually spaced out equally in time. Need third party testing on this. Spend 20 minutes at the research station doing nothing but researching and you should see it. When I noticed for the first time ships travelling in a straight line would revert back a few hundred meters like reversing time and proceed to stop and spin in place violently. This may be related.

-In SP upon exiting building mode everything is frozen but can look around. Entering and exiting either the main menu or building mode corrects this.

-Fighter factory causes massive amount of lag. Mouse movement is choppy and scrolling is slow. Actions are still possible and no loss of input.

-Research of modules does not seem consistent. I have seen a few modules have “priority” over others. Combining like modules (e.g. m-tcs and a-tcs) don’t show this behavior, but when combining unlike modules (e.g. 3x rare shields and 1x rare thruster) the result is always a thruster. This only happens for certain combinations (one above is example). This may be hard to pin down if it’s a bug or mechanic.

-Ships stop mining when out of sector for an amount of time. I know this has been reported on but it made this list. As a note with the new mechanic of placing ore and salvage in the cargo hold, these additions do not show up on player notifications when out of sector. This looks like they’re inactive until you jump over and check their cargo hold.

-MAD Scientist – this boss cheats a new weapon in game. I have killed it several times to figure out what kind of weapon it is but doesn’t seem to drop. It locks a ship in place with a black dialog box and kills you while player tries to figure out how to escape it. Typically it destroys you before you can escape. Since there’s no name I’ll refer to it as the “Dialog Disruptor.” I hope it’s a module like the warp disruptor.

-Ships ordered in RTS “defect” and travel in random (or opposite) direction hundreds of Km away at max speed. Not consistent or easily reproduceable.

-Ships accidentally shoot other ships if they get between a target. I can’t have independent cannons on any ships in a friendly system because they’ll shoot a station or friendly ship and get all pissy.

-Transporter blocks do not function. See my other post a while ago about that. https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,5466.0.html

-It would seem any R- type fighter (mining/salvaging) does not work. They laser the resource but they are not picked up even with a transporter upgrade (tried with avorion mining-R type with legendary transporter upgrade and 7x10x7 avorion transporter block). Normal less efficient laser/salvaging fighters work just fine.

-In RTS mode the green path indicator is misaligned (ships do follow your direction in plane though).

-Cargo fighters don’t transport cargo when player is out of sector.

-Ship Modules sometimes darken or go black in systems tab.

-Out of sector crew of stations on auto-assign will somehow cause an imbalance and cause the crew to revolt. I have come back to several of my stations with hull half destroyed. When I get in the station the crew is not balanced and resetting the auto-assign will fix it.

-Warping ships around in map mode occasionally requires multiple clicks for action. Having a small ship jump around new green dots in an area requires multiple clicks per dot while holding shift to chain commands. Some jump orders on list repeat sector. Possible freezing taking place at some interval which queues commands causing repeats.

CPU: Intel i7-8650U

GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 620

Beta 0.21.2 r14300 5672696f4a10

Thank you for making such a wonderful game and I hope it continues to evolve.

• Boxelware Team

Hey! Thanks for reporting those, we'll look into them. A few questions though:

-Clipping of popup info box on mouse hover on right of UI through popup notifications black bar

I'm having trouble following you here

-Player owned factories only work when player is in sector but still charge crew pay. They start working when player warps in.

How do you come to this conclusion? We have simulations and tests in place to ensure they work. Can you provide a working example on how to reproduce this issue? That would be incredibly helpful! Are you playing on a multiplayer server?

-When building green/red numbers on right hand stats when adding blocks are incorrect

Be more specific, which ones are wrong and when?

-In SP upon exiting building mode everything is frozen but can look around. Entering and exiting either the main menu or building mode corrects this

Again, multiplayer or singleplayer? it sounds like the game was paused.

-Research of modules does not seem consistent. I have seen a few modules have “priority” over others. Combining like modules (e.g. m-tcs and a-tcs) don’t show this behavior, but when combining unlike modules (e.g. 3x rare shields and 1x rare thruster) the result is always a thruster. This only happens for certain combinations (one above is example). This may be hard to pin down if it’s a bug or mechanic.

I can't reproduce this at all. I tried your example and it worked just fine.

Transporter blocks do not function. See my other post a while ago about that

As stated on your other post, have you installed the upgrade permanently?

As with all out-of-sector errors, can you provide example situations of where this happens? Or a minimal savegame? That would be incredibly helpful.

-Out of sector crew of stations on auto-assign will somehow cause an imbalance and cause the crew to revolt. I have come back to several of my stations with hull half destroyed. When I get in the station the crew is not balanced and resetting the auto-assign will fix it.

Thanks! Auto-assigning crew is actually done on your own ship only, I can see how that could lead to problems.

-Warping ships around in map mode occasionally requires multiple clicks for action. Having a small ship jump around new green dots in an area requires multiple clicks per dot while holding shift to chain commands. Some jump orders on list repeat sector. Possible freezing taking place at some interval which queues commands causing repeats.

This, and several other things you mentioned sound like the game simulation performance isn't good. Do you get icons on the top left about problematic server performance?

https://imgur.com/a/1tOllx6

So after some more testing I see now there are no notifications for income earned or goods transported. It seems to be working okay.

It turns out that building with an axis mirrored does not account for overlap in blocks you're trying to place (e.g. placing a block centered in plane.) I do a lot of weird things I shouldn't probably with mirrors. Consider this no longer an issue.

-In SP upon exiting building mode everything is frozen but can look around. Entering and exiting either the main menu or building mode corrects this

Singleplayer. This happens most commonly with the lua script for cheating in items.

Transporter blocks do not function. See my other post a while ago about that

Resolved

I'm going to test this again and see if it still is a problem. I played some today and my inventories are changing again.

Again single player and I haven't had any notifications like that.