[0.21.2] Selling thousands of items to tiny outposts.

SneakyTacts

screenshot link: https://imgur.com/a/9oycqvE

Required Information:

- "Revision" is r14300

- Description:

Within some stations, I was able to sell thousands of a good (such as medical supplies) despite the fact that it could only hold 100 items.

View the screenshot link above. I typed the largest number I could (37), but was selling fusion generators in increments between about 8 and 15 (it varied). The station's stock would only increase by 1 or 3 every 10 seconds of clicking despite it buying hundreds in that time span.

By the way, I got all those supplies by defeating pirate faction stations. It's a win-win situation for my morals (they're just pirates) and my wallet! Now I'm a billionaire.

- Step-by-Step Instructions:

edit: start steam in offline mode or do not use WiFi because that's what I did.

1. Acquire many items. I had thousands of medical supplies, fusion generators, mining robots, acid, and a few others by stealing from stations.

2. Visit sectors with stations and use a trading system to locate stations that will buy your goods. This has only happened with 2 or 3 stations so far, and all of them had a low cargo capacity.

3. Type maximum number and sell. If the station is bugged, it can purchase more of your goods and its stock will increase slightly or not at all. If it is not bugged, its stock will fill to maximum capacity and it will accept no more. If that is the case, keep searching for more stations. It might take 8 minutes with a 90 second hyperdrive cool-down or whatever to find a station that is bugged and will accept your stuff.

- Log:

Look between lines at timestamps "2019-03-07 20-40-02" and "2019-03-07 20-47-15" (use ctrl+f on browser and paste my quotes to quickly find them). Notice that I sold 12 fusion generators for a minute and 11 another minute without changing anything. Pastebin link: https://pastebin.com/qx5uAYe1

- System Specs:

Windows Version 10.0.17134 (from a month ago or so ago, not the latest)

CPU - i5 7300HQ - 2.5-3.5 GHz with 4 cores and threads.

GPU - GTX 1050 - I think it is the GTX 1050 "Mobile" version because I have a laptop.

I can confirm this very rare issue. But I have absolutely no idea how to reproduce. Its been ingame for months or years, cant say. Its some months ago it happened last time to me.

What I can say is, that when the sector gets unloaded and later be restored from disk, the station will work again without any issue.

To me it did not seem to be related to the maximum cargo, I remember having same issue with much more then 100 goods. But I may be wrong... its long ago.

Could not confirm this on player stations yet, only on npc stations. Although it does not mean for sure it does not exist for player stations.