Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Beta Branch Patch 0.21.2 Patchnotes

koonschi

• Boxelware Team

Patch 0.21.2

Date: March 6th, 2019

Beta Branch Note: These changes are currently available on the beta branch. The beta branch is for testing experimental changes and for finding and fixing errors.

This is how you get access to the beta branch (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK):

Right-Click on Avorion in your Steam list, Properties -> Betas -> Select branch 'beta'.

Gameplay

• Transporter Systems With 'Exceptional' or higher rarity now allow fighters to pick up loot for their mothership
    • Transporter Block is still required for this to work

[*]Founded ship first block is now the same material as the material costs required to found it

UI

• Slightly increased item size in building window
  • Adjusted main inventory grid size to fit SystemsTab grid size
  • Adjusted mechanics crew icon to be more easily distinguishable from engineers

Bugfixes

• [uBR] Scripting API: Fixed an issue with CargoBay not being synced to client when removing cargo by name
  • [uBR] Fixed typo in a music track name

• Transporter Systems With 'Exceptional' or higher rarity now allow fighters to pick up loot for their mothership
    • Transporter Block is still required for this to work

Nice idea. Did not really try this the new materials at all, but sounds great  :)

If I'm understanding this correctly, this change in the Transporter function means that in order for a carrier miner to make use of raw-mining fighters, the mothership MUST have a Transporter block AND have an "exceptional" or higher Transporter Systems module equipped?  Same thing for salvage fighters, too??

Additionally, any carrier's fighters will no longer pick up loot (such as from a destroyed enemy), unless these same Transporter requirements are met??

I'm sorry, but this is getting pretty restrictive.  Have you at least made cargo shuttles able to automatically collect loot and raw materials like they're supposed to?  That would allow a reasonable workaround for mining carriers in the meantime, until they can manage to jump through all these new hoops you're throwing at them.

I'm sorry, but this is getting pretty restrictive.  Have you at least made cargo shuttles able to automatically collect loot and raw materials like they're supposed to?  That would allow a reasonable workaround for mining carriers in the meantime, until they can manage to jump through all these new hoops you're throwing at them.

You still can use the refined mining/salvaging lasers. But hmm... well maybe the efficiency of refined laser is reduced a very little bit too much... I think an efficiency for refined mining lasers like 20-50% sounds good, and for refined salvaging like 7-24%.

At all I really like the efficiency bonus of the raw laser compared to the refined ones. But ingame it looks like that: when starting in a new galaxy you have to farm material the hard way cause cargo for raw materials is rare, credits for turning it into refined resources is rare too. This means it will be harder to start in game.

But in endgame, you got a lot of cerdits, cargo, and can easily install the transporter upgrade to let fighters do the work for you. With even more efficiency it will buff you in endgame, but nerf you in early game. This may be lead into the wrong direction since endgame is already much to easy.

Yes I think this may still need some better balancing, but the idea is really great. Will think about it on the incoming weekend  :)

Additionally, any carrier's fighters will no longer pick up loot (such as from a destroyed enemy), unless these same Transporter requirements are met??
No, the Mining and Salvaging Fighters never picked up Loot (because the Mining and Salvaging Loot is a new addition to the game). This enables that funtionality, so that the Mothership doesn't have to fly through the Loot to pick it up. Don't think the other Fighters were touched.