New player files every time server restarts?

Naggerknife

• Boxelware Team

It's possible that the server used Steam networking and authentication one time and the default TCP/UPD protocols the other time. When using the default tcp/udp protocols it can't authenticate via steam and will create a new player instead. This shouldn't happen more than once. If it happens more than once, then something is wrong.

Are we talking about the dedicated server here? Which operating system?

Can you post all the server logs? You can find them in your %appdata%\Avorion\galaxies folder or in ~/.avorion/galaxies assuming you're on windows.

How did you start the server?

• Boxelware Team

Can you start your server with the arguments "-t database" (without quotes) and post the logs then, after you or yourr friend tries to log in and gets duplicated?

Does it work when hosting (and stopping) a dedicated server from within the game?

So I just restarted the server completely with all new files and it resolved the issues. I'm able to replicate it if I try transferring player data from another server. Doesn't seem to like that and will continue to make new profiles every time you login afterwards. So I will just be careful and wait til there is a better way to transfer player data (aka: backup player saves.)

Great game and I'm looking forward to hosting a server for everyone!

We are having the same problem, but only on server crashes.  Server will crash, and when players log back in, current ship they are in is gone and they are in a drone in the same system they were in when the server crashed.  Other ships attached to players that they were NOT occupying still exist.

We have TeamSpeak if you want to jump on to discuss :-P  All comp literate people ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

same here! exept only me, how is identified as the admin of the server get re-created

bin\AvorionServer.exe --galaxy-name avorion_galaxy --admin (my steam id)

every other player is fine ...

one note tho, apparently it occurs only when my computer reboot ...

also the server is on a remote computer..

if that can enlight somone ...

sorry for my aproximate english,

best regards.