Escape Pods/Crew Ejection

J4H3AD

Suggestion

Relatively simple concept. Just a block that can eject a fixed number (scaling with block) or % of crew when your ship is destroyed.

I don't know about others, but hunting down skilled crew, like Commanders, Generals, etc. is one of the toughest (or at least the most tedious) parts of managing large scale ships. While money and resources are rather easy to come by, crew are not, and getting them trained to rank 2 or 3 takes a significant amount of time. That and the fact that filling up a ship with high level, professional crew only to crater it on an asteroid is... painful to say the least.

Bottom line, allowing crew to be picked up in a drop, as skilled fighter pilots are currently, would be a tremendous boon. Also it would help me personally with the strict rules I've made for myself on ship building.  ;D

3 answers to this suggestion

You damn right! That would really be a legit thing. The bigger the block is, the more crew escape. Pods could be like any lootable item. Just pass by and it fills right up in there places. OR they could be sent to a special unasigned/captured tab.