Beta Branch Patch 0.20.4 Patchnotes

koonschi

• Boxelware Team

Patch 0.20.4

Date: February 6th, 2019

This time the patchnotes aren't long, but all the more important!

We could finally fix one pesky bug that's been with the game since the very beginning, and we finally managed to reproduce it!

We also improved some issues with server performance when sectors with lots of activity or blocks were unloaded.

We're also planning to set the update live to the default branch early next week!

Beta Branch Note: These changes are currently available on the beta branch. The beta branch is for testing experimental changes and for finding and fixing errors.

This is how you get access to the beta branch (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK):

Right-Click on Avorion in your Steam list, Properties -> Betas -> Select branch 'beta'.

Misc

• Improved server performance a lot when sectors are being unloaded
    • This fixes some hangs that could take over 30 seconds and more

Bugfixes

• [uBR] Fixed an issue where ships would keep flying during loading screen, crashing into things
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue where craft portraits would contain messed up pictures on AMD

Thanks for the updates koon. Im just curious, how did you reproduce this issue? Must be some crazy moment when you realise you really reproduced it  ;D

Also thanks for announcing the update for the stable branch next week. It helps me a lot to prepare my server for the update cause I need to adjust my modpack.