Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Server-side restriction on material levels/zones

Sindroms

Good day, gents.

We are running a server with around 15-20 people and have decided on a system that would allow us to co-op together without rushing too far ahead of everyone else.

We would restrict ourselves to certain materials per week, starting from iron/titanium and then having each next week ''unlock'' access to the next material zones.

While a gentleman's agreement is nice, I was wondering if it was possible to artificially restrict materials/galaxy zone ranges serverside to prevent players from either entering certain coordinates/coordinate ranges or from using/mining certain materials.

Hi,

While a gentleman's agreement is nice, I was wondering if it was possible to artificially restrict materials/galaxy zone ranges serverside to prevent players from either entering certain coordinates/coordinate ranges or from using/mining certain materials.

well, I think you can't restrict areas and materials directly. But you could use the server-settings to restrict all players in ship-volume. That way they would need to run, if they are moving too far into the center.

There is one more possibility: You could make your own MOD, that calculates the distance to the center and makes your players pay, if they move too far into the center. An ingame mail-notification would be possible, too.