Mods

thebuilderofdoom

Hey guys, I am new (just joined as of this post) and I have a few questions about mods. First off I gotta say I really like the game, even though it still is a beta I see that it has great potential. I also really like how the dev has allowed people to mod the game; which leads me to my question. I have read a lot of forums (before I joined)  and I am confused as to how to install mods. Do mods go into different folders or into the same 'mod' folder? Or, are all the mods unique on installation (or both)? Please help out a new guy. Thanks in advance  :)

Do mods go into different folders or into the same 'mod' folder? Or, are all the mods unique on installation (or both)? Please help out a new guy. Thanks in advance  :)

Depends on the mod, really.

Some mods are patches to the vanilla game files that need to be merged manually, and carefully, if more than one wants to change the same file.

Others have their own directory structure below ./mods/, and require no or only small changes to vanilla files. The "mod folder" approach is relatively new, and the whole "modding" business is just as beta as the rest of the game – it works mostly, but it takes some care and attention not to mess up.

Here's a recent discussion about basically the same question.

hth