[0.20.2 beta] AI Issues

Hellsmith

I don't know where to post beta branch issue feedback other than here.

If you change the ship orders of a ship that is currently mining to attack enemies in sector it will start to attack the currently mined asteroid.

Selling and buying remote order via the map won't work if you or another player aren't present in the system where the buy/sell orders are placed.

Big ships fail to mine even with only one miner on the ship. They seem to go to a distance equal to their bounding box length to the asteroid. Mining beams won't go that far

I don't know either where to put a beta bug report, so I hope you don't mind me adding another issue to your list.

[setFly()] now makes ships wait for their velocity to reach 0, before applying velocity in another direction. This creates some very clunky fighting behavior in general, with ships flying from point to point, coming to a halt and then accelerating again. On ships that tend to drift heavily, a direction change can take a very long time, with the ship facing the new direction while drifting in another. [setFlyLinear()] is not affected by this bug, still applying velocity instantly.

Still not sure about a better place to put it :D

The command to send a ship somewhere lets the ship ignore void rifts. Even though the interface recognizes the barriers and displays the "available" sector range correctly you can simply send a ship somewhere within its circular range and the ship will jump.

Never got that easy into the core ;-)