[Request] Detailed/ in-Depth guide about the ins and outs of Custom Turrets

Gantradies

ill admit this is something ive been looking for/hoping to find more about since they were introduced in the Experimental/Beta branch.

essentially a detailed explanation of, well ,how the interface works- making turrets, Co-Ax mounts, mounting ect

i have a number of questions/issues that go back some time-(including recollections of it letting me apply a single weapon to an infinite number of turrets at some point wayyy back-unsure if it was a bug or Creative behaviour) one of the Biggest is that im having minor issues with apparent clunk-is there a quicker way to Assign turret designs to a slot without opening up the editor, the design list, selecting it and closing the turret editor EVERY time (it tends to average 5-15 seconds per turret base (especially if you're not using the same design everywhere),and ive found precious little ingame info....

Yeah. It's really cumbersome, even for single ships. And dont even start on fleets.

And I wonder what would happen if you mistakenly apply a turret design onto a ship :-\...

Also, the turret turns into a generic turret plan even when a turret is already attached, removing the original turret plan: sometimes you only want to make it vary a little, or make the generic design bigger, or even just change the shot color, for funsies.

Suggestion: Customisable fighter shot color ::).