Ship Classification

Unome

Maybe it's not official, but the author Avorion Multiverse Mod may have found it out, and it's volume-based~

The game set the following shiptypes in dependence on volume: Scout (Volume: 128)' date=' Sentinel (Volume: 320), Hunter (Volume: 800), Corvette (Volume: 2000), Frigate (Volume: 5000), Cruiser (Volume: 12500), Destroyer (Volume: 19764), Dreadnought (Volume: 31250), Battleship (Volume: 49410)[/quote']

• 4 weeks later...

Ive made a 2 slot, 3011hp, "Corvette", but its size is L80m x W90m x H20m.

hat means that if I build this ship in another game like Empyrion (and I did!), its a massive capital ship. Amongst the biggest ive seen on the internet.

My 7 slot, 758444hp Cruiser has a size of 600m x 600m and can be compared with the TNG enterprise (NCC-1701-D) which is 642m in lenght. There it is a galaxy class starship, but I dont know what that means.

A "Star Wars Imperial Class Star Destroyer" is 1600m long while my "Assari Imperial Class Destroyers" are only 280m long.

But in Star Wars its classified as a capital ship, so it can be compared to my 14 slot "My-T-Commander ship" which is 1350m long.

But I also made a millennium Scout (L28m x W40m) which has the same measurements as the Han Solo millennium falcon (35m lenght).

Currently building a massive 10.5km long Capital Ship and is really really massive! So I think some star wars sizes are a bit unrealistic

In the end I think its more like to which universe you want to compare your own builds, and so create your own ship classification

Like Kamo said the game adds the titles for npc ships by the mass volume.

If you are up to get the "Battleship Captain" achievement then you will need what Koonschi posted some time ago:

- Fully functional battleship: I'll add some more ingame clarification on this as well. You'll need 50k+ hull and shields, gunners, mechanics, engineers, at least one of each officer, a captain, 10+ turrets, 2+ squads of fighters, 15+ fighters and no ship issues such as "not enough engineers" IIRC.

That cheevo's gonna be easy once I get to the Trinium Reaches ! A somehow flak-fitted Masuzu Heavy Cruiser fits the description, ehehe :) !

They should update it maybe, to count used armed turret slots, if it's not already the case, since now battleships have big multislot weapons.

• 1 month later...

You can check how the game officially classifies your own ships by right clicking a ship save, selecting “upload to workshop”, then select which tags you want but take notice what it automatically selects (if it auto-selects “corvette”, it’s a corvette to the game).

Or, you could compare your volume to the volume ranges that were provided just above by another member.