Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Trimaran Hull Designs

Warrax

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah :o ! Such wonderful detailing while keeping a simple appearance :) ! Is it a texture mod to make the hull so... matte ?

(And those are really fierce ships, they are full of hardpoints~)

Edit: B-Bigger and more detailed :o ?!

Ion Eradicator Turret

The barrel has ca. 13000 blocks

*falls down his chair in awe*

Never finished Railgunsniper ship' date=' get lost through Nullpoint exeption.[/quote']

Designs complicated enough the game crashes !

Godspear Cannon

Its a Turret in size of a small Titan

Ah - I made a Heavy Destroyer, the Konno, which has an hardpoint for four size-10 coax turrets in a square, giving the illusion of a size-20 coax turret (though here it's more like a huge rocket launcher ::).

Though the big flat Turret Bases are challenging to hide, weapons of titanic size are possible through linking (though finding non-rail coax weapons is almost impossible, finding enough weapon slots (legendary TCS =9 slots, 10-slot coax = 20 slots) to install those is problematic, and the AI is unable (for the moment) to fire a coax weapon properly :-\).

Also, coax turrets, except the first block in contact with the Turret Base, can be embiggened to 1.5 times the size (so a size-10 coax can look like a size-15 (15x15x120 if I remember it well), which helps for linking the turret parts) :D.

Woah :o ! Such wonderful detailing while keeping a simple appearance :) ! Is it a texture mod to make the hull so... matte ?

(And those are really fierce ships, they are full of hardpoints~)

This are ships I designed in Starmade. I currently try to rebuild one of my other ships from there in Avorion.

Was just a exsample for tri hulled ships.

btw this are just small ships, the real beautys are the big once.

Thank you for your post, Cpt Madman.  Me likes !!  ;)

By the way, for anyone who has not yet had a chance to check out Cpt Madman's ships, the link to his thread is here

... his posted work includes ships that feature refined detail.  :o

I hope to see more !!

Cheers

Just posted Aurum here.

:o  NICE, Warrax!!  Aurum looks great and the stats on it are impressive.  How do you get the Rads so high for maneuvering?  Are you going to post the xml for it soon? 

I got the Crab working, finally, from Minimum's original thread.  I liked the changes you made, so I did similar.

I prefer to share my own work so...

Note: all this ships and turrets are designed in Starmade and I have no intention to rebuild them all in Avorion. I want to build new ships here.

Hansa-Class Freighter

och9Kqh.png

Never finished Railgunsniper ship, get lost through Nullpoint exeption.

J9pUfIS.png

Valkyria_Class Dreadnought

kb5jiTC.png

Ion Eradicator Turret

The barrel has ca. 13000 blocks

MCWiLbT.png

Quad Barrel Railgun turret also never finished

6QKMcyi.png

A mining turret, also lost through Nullpointer exeption

MeONJfQ.png

The Metalforce

NBCHWtS.png

Not finished Carrier

A0SJnlM.png

Not finished mobile Mining base

T4tQQhF.png

Godspear Cannon

Its a Turret in size of a small Titan

gX98RPV.png

Grungnir-Class Railsniper/Shipyard Hybride(WiP)

It carry two Godspear Cannons plus larger spinemounted Railgun.

I lost a month of progress on this one after a hackerattack on the build server where I was building.

vAcvh3x.png

I look forward and hope to reach simliar quality standard for my ships in Avorion.

:o  NICE, Warrax!!  Aurum looks great and the stats on it are impressive.  How do you get the Rads so high for maneuvering?  Are you going to post the xml for it soon? 

I got the Crab working, finally, from Minimum's original thread.  I liked the changes you made, so I did similar.

Hi Jester

I am glad you like it.  I prolly trade off extra armour for more turn-ability. 

I suppose it’s much in the way i build the ships, with using my planned designs (in Excel), as i am building, i maintain a level of maneuverability.  When it comes down to the cladding (armour phase of the build), i will spike up my thrusters and gyros before the armour is all layed and applied.

And thanks for including those artistic designs.

I will mail you the .xml for Aurum.  I have not started posting XMLs yet because of my designs (even those posted) might be updated based on feedback.  If you decide to make any changes, please post it here, or in a thread for your ship designs.

Cheers :)

To Cpt. Madman:

Your designs look great.  Thank you for sharing, and look forward to seeing more from your fleet.

The ship design part of Avorion is ... well ... ships take time build, but the challenges in optimizing and overcoming those challenges is fun, and often rewarding.

CqfsUFg.jpg

Freighter and Hauler Designs

Artistic examples that may inspire ...

Astro Owl's (source:  Avorion Ship Builder), his post is linked here

ijDIxlz.jpg

Drell_7's (source:  Deviant Art)

Gsf12bn.jpg

LukeBerliner's (source:  Deviant Art)

8GHUIzd.jpg

Paul Christopher's (source:  Imgur)

exrzZzI.jpg

The Reugeot 905 (source:  Deviant Art)

VLUgYVn.jpg

The Rorqual (source:  Deviant Art)

s4koHv7.jpg

Sleipnir's (source:  Deviant Art)

As well as the ship posted by Critaa, a Avorion Ship Builder.  You can see his work here

nBegNpJ.jpg

TheOrangeGuy's (source:  Deviant Art)

EAW4EvP.jpg

Unknown (source:  internet)

17qcxeq.jpg

Yeah, I tried to put together a Freighter ... It did not turn out so well.

I did learn something, thought you might want to add it into your "Lessons Learned" post, lol.

#1  25 individual cubes of Cargo, placed 5 x 5 x 5 (1x1 ea) DO NOT equal one cube of Cargo Hold 5 x 5 x 5. 

#2  Ship Editor:  In addition to rotating blocks (holding the 'R' key), I learned that if you hit "X" while editing blocks ships, you can flip (mirror) the block instead.

Ok, maybe this is not new for people, but it was for me.

And yes, I am crappy at making ships. lol    :-[

Just posted Antithesis here.

She is a dedicated Space Hauler.

OMG.  A Freighter-Fighter, good idea !!

And the Cargo Hold, 80k??  I am not sure if I have seen larger.

I won't offer to help you finish the body, but let me suggest a little more "jump" to it's natural jump range.

I can't wait for the finished version.  I have been trading in my games as part of my routine, but I have mostly driven hulks that I have slapped together.

Great job, Warrax !!  :P

I won't offer to help you finish the body, but let me suggest a little more "jump" to it's natural jump range.

I can't wait for the finished version.  I have been trading in my games as part of my routine, but I have mostly driven hulks that I have slapped together.

Thank you, Jester

So, I put together a ship with an even larger cargo, which I will post shortly.

For this one coming up (Asea) and your comments about Antithesis needing more jump - I agree.

But I think you already know - and can appreciate - there are diminishing returns on HyperSpace Core and the jump range.  The main goal was Cargo Hold capacity and maneuverability.  There is "some" extra Space Jump range, but as soon as I hit a certain amount, i decided to stop adding.

In-game, i would use Module Upgrades to help me in that respect.

And that said, I also dropped the idea of cladding and boosting on Armour - again for the sake of nimble-ness.

As a side bonus, there are substantial savings on Materials costs (namely Trinium).

I appreciate your ideas and welcome yours and other comments.

Cheers

Its been a long week, so, just two pics from the Asea for now.  I will follow up with a full post later, and add it to the Freighter section that is featured earlier in this thread. 

[partial posting]

Asea - 13 Module Slots

+166,000 Cargo Hold, and responsive maneuverability.

sXlxoAo.jpg

B3hvatd.jpg

Cheers

I want to bring my own opinion on the Audaces and her sistership.

First I like the top and down view, it looks agressiv, it has profile, its something to remember.

But I dont like the Broadside view,

The enginepods are way to large they cover anything of the ship that is interesting without being interesting enough on their own.

I would advise to shrink the outer enginepods or at least put some stripes on the sides or some ornaments. Or you build some turret emplacements on the sides.

Also the thrusters look a bit cheap, give them some depth so they dosent look like old TV screens.

Its just what I think you could improve.

I want to bring my own opinion on the Audaces and her sistership.

First I like the top and down view, it looks agressiv, it has profile, its something to remember.

But I dont like the Broadside view,

The enginepods are way to large they cover anything of the ship that is interesting without being interesting enough on their own.

I would advise to shrink the outer enginepods or at least put some stripes on the sides or some ornaments. Or you build some turret emplacements on the sides.

Also the thrusters look a bit cheap, give them some depth so they dosent look like old TV screens.

Its just what I think you could improve.

Hi Cpt Madman.

I like your ideas, and its great to hear your feedback, so thank you:

• I agree the Engine Pods could be smaller, though this would change the inherent character of this current Trimaran design.  Instead, I will likely apply your suggestion to other designs.  I had not mentioned this before, so ... The Centre Main, the Main Pods, and the Inner Pods are on a scaling of 1:1, 1:2/3 and 1:1/3 ratios.  I do this to balance the proportions within this particular design;
  • And yes, the Engines themselves do look kinda like TV Screens.  I am still scanning for a simple yet elegant approach.  I think I may have struck on something with the engine design on the AntithesisPosted here.  This was my first experiment in this styling form, so I need to learn a bit more, i think.  :)

I have not much modified the Trimaran design from its original inspiration (Feb 2017).

I have a new design on the drawing board (in my Excel spreadsheet) that significantly modifies the Trimarans and am going to construct the first one in-game this upcoming weekend.  The upcoming ship is intended to be a 10 slot, named Avaris.

If it looks good, and improves the speed of construction (real-time efforts), I may adopt this for my remaining designs for the 11 thru 15+ designs.

Appreciate your feedback, Madman.  I hope you keep designing and posting yourself.  I like your productions.

Cheers

8)

I appreciate feedback. 

And with prompting from Cpt. Madman and Jester I decided to take Engine Nozzling on as a design challenge.

If you would like to see what Cpt. Madman has done with his Engine Nozzling, you can see his thread here.

Nice work Madman  :D

My first attempt at Engine Nozzling is featured with three pics, here, in my Design Post (in this thread).

One pic is presented below.

VRZbMWI.jpg

Cheers