Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Beta Branch Patch 0.19.1 Patchnotes

koonschi

• Boxelware Team

Patch 0.19.1

Date: October 2nd, 2018

Beta Branch Note: These changes are currently available on the beta branch. The beta branch is for testing experimental changes and for finding and fixing errors.

This is how you get access to the beta branch (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK):

Right-Click on Avorion in your Steam list, Properties -> Betas -> Select branch 'beta'.

Gameplay

• Added hints to research satellites on how to beat the M.A.D. science lab

UI

• Implemented better highlighting of crew transports
  • Targeter no longer auto-selects when mouse cursor is over a window

Scripting API

• renderEntityArrow function can now specify how far from center of the screen the arrow should be
  • Entity():getNum[un]armedTurrets() now returns 0 when no turrets component was found
  • Implemented fast-determining of sector content
  • Passing nil to a string parameter in a c++ function now results in a string with "nil" in it (instead of an exception)

Misc

• Improved debug output in case of crashes
  • Minor translation improvements
  • Improved checks for online servers in server browser window

Bugfixes

• [uBR] Fixed Overheat and Burst Fire being put twice into tooltip description box
  • [uBR] Fixed sector reach multiplication instead of addition in hyperspace upgrade
  • Fixed an issue in research station when synchronizing server and client is slow
  • Fixed a crash in a script when a ship that doesn't belong to a faction is told to jump
  • Fixed a server-sided crash in mine/station founder scripts
  • Fixed several potential crashes in multiple scripts
  • Fixed a crash in shipyard.lua when no style with the specific name was found
  • Fixed a crash in font renderering engine
  • Fixed an issue where auto-turrets weren't shooting enemies
  • Fixed an issue with gate-maps where start sectors wouldn't have gates
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue that allowed duplication of upgrades
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue where delivery mission with faulty loaded location data would crash
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue in crew transfer window when entering non-numbers

Added hints to research satellites on how to beat the M.A.D. science lab

Please fix his weapon too. When it drops it has 200000 Omicron and can used by the player. Remove its damage to 500 again and add Entity().damageMultiplier instead  :)

This seems a good suggestion. Consider it before moving to stable.  Super OP weapons are not nice in multiplayer servers.

Hi,

could you take a look at the economy (well, I know that the economy is just an RNG)?

The following occured for me: I've got a station set to not buy any goods (the goods needed are produced in the same system and I've got a few Freighters controlled by Goodshauler that get those to the station). Now a freighter owned by an alliance (also controlled by Goodshauler) was able to buy the goods from my other stations and deliver those to the station that shouldn't buy anything.

So, is the "don't buy goods" working as inteded? Is it just meant the way that the station is not buying stuff from NPC-Ships (Freighters from the nearest Factions)?

Or is it more like unintended behaviour? So the station should really not buy anything, if you selected it.

Whats a goods

Hi,

could you take a look at the economy (well, I know that the economy is just an RNG)?

The following occured for me: I've got a station set to not buy any goods (the goods needed are produced in the same system and I've got a few Freighters controlled by Goodshauler that get those to the station). Now a freighter owned by an alliance (also controlled by Goodshauler) was able to buy the goods from my other stations and deliver those to the station that shouldn't buy anything.

So, is the "don't buy goods" working as inteded? Is it just meant the way that the station is not buying stuff from NPC-Ships (Freighters from the nearest Factions)?

Or is it more like unintended behaviour? So the station should really not buy anything, if you selected it.

hauler?

It's a mod, though I do not use it :).

Maybe the other player deliberately sent the freighter at that station to buy from it. The "don't buy goods" should only apply to NPC ships or player ships who are looking for a good without specifying a station (if it can be done this way).

Any way you should ask the modmaker on his post instead of an official vanilla beta branch patch ???.

Hi Kamo,

Any way you should ask the modmaker on his post instead of an official vanilla beta branch patch ???.

Well, the original Author of the MOD doesn't play atm and the MOD is maintained by whoever finds a problem. I now understand at least one part of the problem: The MOD uses one Dispatcher (tells the clients/freighters where to go, what and how much to transport) for the sector, not one per faction.

The other part might be in the (vanilla-) game. It should still not allow the freighter to sell its goods.