Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[0.19] Freezing server - False alarm it seems - no bug

Hammelpilaw

Im currently setting up a new server, while testing I got a lot of server freezing issues. When this happens the server process completely stops responding and logging, the cpu load of server process stops. Nothing of this will be printed to log files.

Ive talked to the Rusty community, they experienced similar issues in the past, but could not really reproduce it. We think it may be related to resource management.

I can currently reproduce this on my server by generating a lot of stuff (spawning ships via entitydbg.lua). Thats the reason Im writing this post - maybe I can help solving this issue? I just don't know how to get helpful logs from this.

I also tried to reproduce this offline on my home pc, but it did not happen. But once I let a friend join a test galaxy on my home pc for testing, and the issue happened while he was in the same sector where I tested. Maybe it is related to the network? The issue only happened yet when a client was involved over network. But thats just an idea, I dont know.

I already experienced this issue on another server, after the hoster moved it to another machine it worked fine again. But I would prefer to help fixing it this time instead of just change the server wich would keep the issue in game.

The server is virtualized with dedicated hardware (CPU, Ram, SSD).

CPU: Intel Xeon Gold 6140 @ 14 x 2.3ghz

64gb Ram

SSD

Running on Windows 8.1

@devs: Please let me know if I can help you in any way or not. Because if I couldnt help I would try to get my server moved on another machine and start my new Avorion galaxy as soon as possible. Would prefer helping of course.