Beta Branch Patch 0.19.0 Patchnotes

koonschi

• Boxelware Team

Patch 0.19.0

Date: September 19th, 2018

Beta Branch Note: These changes are currently available on the beta branch. The beta branch is for testing experimental changes and for finding and fixing errors.

This is how you get access to the beta branch (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK):

Right-Click on Avorion in your Steam list, Properties -> Betas -> Select branch 'beta'.

Gameplay

"We added a second gate-system for better fast-travel, that also allows gate travel of larger ships. Upgrades can now be installed permanently for improved stats. Most upgrades get a stats-bonus of about 50% for permanent installation."

• Added a new ancient gate system for easier fast-travel
    • Ancient Gates have to be activated before they can be used
    • Ancient Gates are a lot bigger and can lead a lot farther than normal ones

[*]Upgrades can now be installed 'permanently' for additional bonuses

• They can only be removed safely near Equipment Docks (3km distance)
    • Upgrades are now displayed with a little anchor when they're permanently installed
    • They can still be removed anywhere else by destroying them

[*]Color of entire ship can now be changed in building mode

[*]Shot color can now be set for turret designs

[*]Salvaging and Mining AI sends a message if there is nothing to mine or salvage in the sector

Balancing

• Increased upscaling of Xsotan damage in the center from up to 600% to up to 800%

Xsotan Artifacts

"We reworked the Xsotan artifacts to give them a more meaningful way of how they work."

• Swoks Upgrade gives +10 military turrets
  • Researched teleporter key gives +8 arbitrary turrets
  • Teleporter key by the merchant gives +10 unarmed turret slots
  • Energy Lab upgrade gives massive energy boosts
  • Smuggler Upgrade gives massive hyperspace boosts
  • AI upgrade makes turrets and fighters no longer require gunners, miners or pilots
  • Upgrade dropped by the four gives bonuses to nearly everything
  • Haati upgrade is now an activation key for ancient gates
  • Xsotan teleporter key upgrades are now considered unique and each one can only be installed once in the same craft
  • Xsotan upgrades DON'T have to be installed permanently to work with the teleporter!

UI

• Renamed (Un)armed turrets in upgrades to (Un)armed turret slots
  • Reduced "tackiness" of frames in UI grid selections
  • Clients are now notified internally when an alliance is disbanded
  • IPs for public test server(s) are now downloaded and saved locally to keep them up to date
  • Cleaned up code for window for joining via IP
  • Blueprints for fighters can now be removed from Hangar Tab
  • Color can now be changed in whole ship modification window
  • Added loading screen tips for shields

Scripting API

• Added ShadingType enum for block shading types
  • Added getting entities by script to ClientSector
  • Added missing TurretBases enum to ScriptComponentTypes
  • Added PlanMesh component
  • Added ReadOnlyTooltip, ReadOnlyScriptUI, ReadOnlyIcon and ReadOnlyPlanMesh to client script API
  • Extended ShipSystem to support permanent installation features

Bugfixes

"Bugfixes marked with [uBR] are bug reports that we received from users. Thanks for reporting everyone and keep up the good work!"

• [uBR] Fixed securing values resetting all script values to nil when another script crashes the VM
  • Fixed a crash when flying through gate while having it selected
  • Fixed a performance issue when loading data from disk
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue where dragging fighter blueprints lead to squad fighters being deleted
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue where switch to sector wouldn't place players into their alliance ships
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue where players would start out with mining lasers that would consume massive amounts of energy
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue where Xsotan Fighters were depicted as neutral even though they were already attacking
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue where Xsotan Fighters weren't attacked by PDCs
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue with the calculation of DPS for overheating weapons

Hi,

just 11 MB?!? That's the whole update?

Let me guess: Existing Upgrades don't receive those bonuses for permanent installation - so we've got to farm the bosses again...

Existing Sectors don't get ancient gateways, so we need to reset the server/start a new game...

Which files contained everything the player owns? Maybe I could copy at least those to the new galaxy... And what about alliances? Is there any file that contains everything the alliance owns?

Hi Koon, thanks for the update. Lot of things look really awesome, gotta try it soon  :)

Hi,

just 11 MB?!? That's the whole update?

This game uses very little space on hard disk because the galaxy is not included into the game itself. So updates are small too. Well it may not be the only reason but at least one. Did not try yet, but the code looks like it also works for existing updates.

But the new "Join via IP" window is a lil buggy. When trying to delete a server from list it deletes another one. It may be, because I had some custom server in the list before the update? Not sure...

Let me guess: Existing Upgrades don't receive those bonuses for permanent installation - so we've got to farm the bosses again...

Negative. I got a Xsotan Upgrade telling me +10 unarmed turrets when installed, so it's working for older saves ! Though the Ancient Gate Haati thing seem cool too (but not enough to warrant resetting Season 2 yet again) :).

Nice upgrade, though the Hyperspace Cooldown becoming perma-install-only is kinda redhibitory, though uninstalling them is pretty easy (an gives a tiny little more incentive to build delicious Equipment Docks ::)).

The TCS giving only +50% more turrets when perma-installed is situational unless exceptional+ upgrades are used (those Destroyers I'll be making will be so time-consuming to find the TCS for), though they may help for plopping down Point Defense on ships who used all their slots.

Weeee-boxes got nerfed hard, though :(.

The TCS thing is kind of cool. I'd suggest using seeds so that:

• One in two gives +50% turrets when perma-installed with no more energy required
  • Two in five gives +100% turrets when perma-installed, with triple energy consumption
  • The rest, one in ten, gives no turrets when not perma-installed, but gives more or less ten times the usual amount when perma-installed, but then it consumes like 40 to 100 times the energy (depending on rarity, so the requirement gets exponential). Those would be for huge ships who treat "mere" size-3 cannons as point defense :).

Color of entire ship can now be changed in building mode

Sigh, that button reduces painting time by half for me :D !

Increased upscaling of Xsotan damage in the center from up to 600% to up to 800%

Cue

when entering the Inner Sphere :o

Shot color can now be set for turret designs

Ogonite and Avorion CII designs will probably have more turret base hardpoints in return, colored shots should be neat :)

A nice little update all around, though notification bar priority UI bugs are still roaming around though sometimes the UI takes priority back from the bars :). Also, middle-clicking near the edges of the screen to select a target, especially towards below the ship, tends to almost always fail :-X.

Which files contained everything the player owns? Maybe I could copy at least those to the new galaxy... And what about alliances? Is there any file that contains everything the alliance owns?

I don't remember it well, but it's probably in the galaxies' folder.

I usually mod the... is it startsectorgenerator.lua or player.lua... to start with "all" the resources I "lost" by resetting (and by that I mean ~20% cause it would be ridiculous), to then explore a new galaxy (to change scenery a bit).

Getting back the modules is difficult though, though there may be a data file with the inventory inside, which may be more recognizable than the sector ones ?

For example; I can't figure out how to take a standard upgrade and make it permanent. I docked at a shipyard, research station and a equipment station, none of them have an option to make a upgrade permanent. I have slotted and unslotted upbrades by these structures and still no option to make them permanent.

Thank you!