A new server needs testing.

Lazarus Long

I tested it and setting a server was very easy.  So I bought the game and I am learning how to play.  In the mean time I have my new server online and would be grateful if I could get people to test it and give me feedback on how it runs so I can fine tune the settings and max players.

The hardware is a quad core 2.2GHz Xeon with 32GB of RAM and a raid10.  For the OS it is running Funtoo Linux.  My internet connection is 155Mbps down (which would be "up" from the point of view of players connecting to it) and 15Mbps up (which would be the "down" for the players.  I couldn't find any info about how much RAM, CPU, or bandwidth I would need per player so I decided to run this test before I finalized the configuration and made a galaxy for long term play.  I plan on deleting the stress test galaxy after I learn what I need to know. 

You can find the server in the game's server browser.  I named it !!!Stress Test This Server!!!.  It will show up near the top of the list if you sort by name. 

Please leave any feed back here in this thread if you don't catch me on the server. 

Thanks for your time,

Laz

Yo :) If you want to let the people stress-test the server, you should turn it into creative mode or give everyone ressources, so they can insta-start. If you just want to do a stress test then people won't take their time on "starting" on your server slowly, but that's just a thought.