First crafted turret

anghellick

Welcome to factory turrets - those can be real monsters when compared to what drops from enemies or goes for sale on equipment docks. My current ship is running 10 lasers, each doing 7400dmg/s at 8km range with minimal energy consumption. ;)

There's an idea being thrown around that turret factories shouldn't produce original turrets, but instead allow player to produce copies of turret they have got from elsewhere, to give looting greater emphasis, as well as to make game combat more balanced.

Oh man, those lasers sound gnarly. 

I don't know how I would feel about the original turrets being taken out of the turret factories.  I always felt outclassed just outside of the center barrier until I built these railguns.  They're opening the door to more materials/cashflow which (I'm hoping) will make the transition to the center more doable. 

Oh man, those lasers sound gnarly. 

I don't know how I would feel about the original turrets being taken out of the turret factories.  I always felt outclassed just outside of the center barrier until I built these railguns.  They're opening the door to more materials/cashflow which (I'm hoping) will make the transition to the center more doable.

Hm, from my experience the reason you might feel outclassed is because you just can't make an effective loadout with dozens of different weapons. Other than that, I think that it became fairly difficult to provide your ship with a reasonable amount of weapons after the changes to turret slot requirements - at least, when you riding something around a 12-slot ship and larger, the weapons you can mount on it look pathetic compared to the ship size, unless you're playing on a modded server like Rusty's CorePvP (as I do), where people literally farm abusive Xsotan artifacts that grant up to 11 slots.

It not that I find it hard to match the power of enemies around the barrier without factory-made turrets - its that these weapons completely demolish anything the region throws at you. You can practically wipe out the entire faction assault fleet with a single ship. Weapons that you loot never really give you that kind of edge all the way prior, and once you've found a factory with a decent tech level Xanion weapons, all of it becomes completely redundant. All the natural transitions happen in a way, where you have to survive with inferior weapons until you obtain enough weapons matching the area.

P.S. I also do not use Railguns for the sole reason of how outrageously overpowered all of them are. You can use any weapons you like to break down the shield, but once that is done, Railguns easily blow all other weapons out of the water, no contest possible.