[QoL] Show Alliance ships on the Galaxy Map

Rinart73

Suggestion

[*]It would be cool to add toggleable option that shows all Alliance Ships on the map (similar to how you can see your player ships)

[*]Also it's kinda annoying to open Alliance Ships tab each time to look where certain ship is, then close it and open map. Maybe to add a feature when you double click a ship in Alliance/Player Ships tab, it would open a Galaxy Map and select a sector where that ship is.

2 answers to this suggestion

Depending on how

GalaxyMap():setSelectedCoordinates(x,y)

works (if it allows setting multiple selections without clearing previous ones) #1 may be possible. Since the search function in the Galaxy Map allows for multiple sectors to be selected at the same time this *should* be possible.

#2 is almost certainly possible with the above function.

If

setSelectedCoordinates

means set *jump* coordinates - then ya, neither #1 or #2 is possible with scripting.

I would have tested this out myself, but I'm still at the stage of trying everything out using the console '/run' command, and it appears that any command entered that way is run in the 'Server Context' and GalaxyMap() is client side only.

Sandworm, both suggestions can be only implemented by developers. Current API just doesn't allow to do such things.

1. No way to highlight multiple sectors

2. Player/Alliance Ship Tab created on C++ side, not Lua. Can't change anything

If setSelectedCoordinates means set *jump* coordinates

No, I ment to select and center on that sector