Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Sector loading partial backups upon entry

Nighthawke189

There is a sector where 3 players have set up a number of stations, and sometimes when they all leave it and one returns, the sector has reset most of the spawnable items, and moved all player owned objects to the centre of the sector. It only loads in the objects owned by the person who has entered, and does not load anyone elses until they arrive. Also; deployed fighters (eg salvage/mining fighters) often dissapear when this occurs.

When I looked into the server logs, I found this, which suggests the sector data was lost, and the items are being restored from each clients local data of what was in the system, but since the server was in charge of remembering locations, they all just get put at 0x,0y,0z:

FileSecurer: Found backup file "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies\avorion_galaxy\sectors\-170_-16~", trying to restore to "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies\avorion_galaxy\sectors\-170_-16"...Loading of sector (-170:-16) failed. Treating sector as non-exsting. Error: boost::filesystem::last_write_time: The system cannot find the file specified: "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies\avorion_galaxy\sectors\-170_-16~"

I hope this helps identify and squash this bug  :)

Edit: To make this less of an issue, when spawning items without location data back in, could they be spaced apart so as not to be a tiny clump? This would reduce one of the annoying aspects of this bug.

Hi,

which version of the game are you using?

It only loads in the objects owned by the person who has entered, and does not load anyone elses until they arrive.

Well, every player has a backup of everything he/she owns in the playerdata. I think the game is restoring that data (so it doesn't know that there are more stations/ships/fighters in the sector until that player arrives).

Hi,

I'm currently running the latest beta branch, if theres a particular version number you're asking for how would I get that for you?

on Linux for example:

torsten@debian:/$ cat ~/.avorion/clientlog\ 2018-08-05\ 14-00-43.txt 
2018-08-05 14-00-43| Main Thread ID: 140224346124864
2018-08-05 14-00-43| Client started: "/home/torsten/.steam/SteamApps/common/Avorion/bin/Avorion" "--serverpath=bin/AvorionServer" 
2018-08-05 14-00-43| Enabled Traces: 
2018-08-05 14-00-43| Client Beta 0.18.2 r12552 cc51b37dadf5, running on Debian GNU/Linux buster/sid.

On Windows you should get the build-number in a similar way... Easiest is still start the game and look at the top left :)

So, no ideas as to why the server keeps losing player owned sectors?

Could you reproduce the issue in a fresh galaxy? If so, please post step by step how to do this.

Please post full log wich contain everything from leaving the sector until it restores the backup for same player. We do not know yet what happens there. As Unkekannt said, restoring the Stations when a player enters is not the buggy part itself, the buggy part is when the stations/sector disappear/crashes. We need more information what happens to help you.