Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Turret block

plablo

I don't know if people will get mad at me but I think the turret block is kinda irrelevant at this point.

I mean, if you guys remove the turret block and leave the customizing just to the turrets

This will remove a lot of programming and bugs and visuals while you guys work on new stuff 

Right?

I indeed agree that the turret block not that nice looks and that it breaks up the hull :-\  maybe just have it visible in build mode, but nonexisting whilst playing, with the turret on the visual area?  Or 2 versions, one with armor look and one with hull look, although you can change that with turret base, so its not a big problem.

if you compare turret base with armored

iron turret base have 8HP compared with 12HP armored ones and goes on

just the materials that dont have armored blocks, the base have more HP

so turret base have less HP and are bound to break easily compared with armored blocks

if you compare turret base with armored

iron turret base have 8HP compared with 12HP armored ones and goes on

just the materials that dont have armored blocks, the base have more HP

so turret base have less HP and are bound to break easily compared with armored blocks

Sure, but it can be worked around by making a turret design with an elevated base and covering it with armor from the sides. That's apart from the fact, that it is rather hard to hit the turret base block specifically, and that this block can be extended both in horizontal dimensions and into depth. Personally I'd prefer to have turret base blocks as they are, rather than having to apply the turret designs every time I replace a turret itself.

• 4 weeks later...

Idk but does aow damage that hits near the turret damage the turret base block? Because i think its rather vulnerable as it is now, as you would only need to destroy the turretblock instead of the entire armorplate the turret is mounted on (or whatever you mount it on)