Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Can we please have the resource list back?

Phenex69

Hello,

I have seen that there are already multiple topics about this.  But it's a thing that is really anoying for me personally. Could we please have an option to turn it on or off? So everyone would be happy. There resource list is for me a indicator of my overall progression in the game. To be honest i really don't understand why it got removed.

Personally I don't see a reason for it. It got removed because it was irrelevant in the piloting of the ship. It is displayed in build mode, which you can enter at any moment, and the total number of resources is displayed while you're collecting them.

Personally I don't see a reason for it. It got removed because it was irrelevant in the piloting of the ship. It is displayed in build mode, which you can enter at any moment, and the total number of resources is displayed while you're collecting them.

Some people wanting to be able to see the resource list while piloting without having to interrupt  their flight would seem to be all the reason needed to get it restored as at least an option. It was obviously relevant to the people who want it back.

Much of piloting is pretty mindless. Flying to a gate when there's no asteroids in the way and you don't have a super fast ship yet doesn't require much attention. Why not let people check their resources at a glance so they can plan their next ship upgrades or whatever.

Some people wanting to be able to see the resource list while piloting without having to interrupt  their flight would seem to be all the reason needed to get it restored as at least an option. It was obviously relevant to the people who want it back.

Nobody is saying its not an option. I still see no functionality. The question of why it was removed in the first place still stands, and it might be relevant as well, but I don't care enough to explore the answer.

Much of piloting is pretty mindless. Flying to a gate when there's no asteroids in the way and you don't have a super fast ship yet doesn't require much attention. Why not let people check their resources at a glance so they can plan their next ship upgrades or whatever.
Because there's nothing you can plan without interrupting the flight anyway. There's no ship stats that you can use as a reference to do so. All you can do is to check your resources at a glance. There's nothing this knowledge gives you on its own. Resources are displayed when they're relevant - when you gain them and when you have options to spend them. There's little point in making a change, that simply allows people to be too lazy to open Building or Player menu to check resources. If you'd want to make it work that way, you'd have hundreds of different options for every little thing.