Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Add build time to non-creative mode

Perq

Suggestion

As in thread - I find it weird that when you're using shipyard to build a ship it takes time, but when you're building it using build mode you can literally magically summon giant cruisers out of thin air. I think it breaks immersion when in non-creative mode and also adds quite a bit of space for exploits.

It doesn't have to be a very long time, and if it would to be implemented changes shouldn't apply instantly (so that when you're tinkering around, you don't have to wait until stuff gets done). I imagine it would go something like this:

You open up building mode, time stops. You start placing blocks as you'd normally do. Once you're done, construction starts (also, nice visuals of construction being underway).

Blocks start being built, but you can still move your ship as usual. Most likely you'll just continue as normal, but now you can be attacked while you're under construction.

That said, same should apply to deconstruction of blocks - it takes time to refit your ship.

Honestly, I'd even go one step further (but I imagine this one could be optional) - you can only refit your ship in shipyard, and when it is happening you have to wait a little bit. This would stop people from building cargo bays once they have destroyed whatever they've been attacking, but instead they'd have to have the cargo bay no them at all times (making combat harder) or have seperate ship to do the hauling.

One problem that would arise is that when you are stuck at shipyard, you'd have nothing to do, effectively getting bored of it. Not sure what to do about that.

3 answers to this suggestion