Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Beta Branch Patch 0.18.1 Patchnotes

koonschi

• Boxelware Team

Patch 0.9.6

Date: July 22nd, 2018

Beta Branch Note: These changes are currently available on the beta branch. The beta branch is for testing experimental changes and for finding and fixing errors.

This is how you get access to the beta branch (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK):

Right-Click on Avorion in your Steam list, Properties -> Betas -> Select branch 'beta'.

Gameplay

"Building your own turrets on edge blocks is now possible! This feature was delayed a little since it was more complex that we initially thought."

• Added Edge Turret Base block

Strategy Mode

"Made the strategy mode a little more user-friendly, and making it a little more RTS-like."

• Implemented command buttons in strategy state

UI

• Adjusted grid size and scale step in turret building mode
  • Minimum zoom when building a turret is now closer
  • Renamed "Saved Ships" to "Saved Designs"
  • Increased intensity of the neutral editor's ambient light

Scripting API

• Added getTurretTemplateSize() to Entity script functions
  • Added a "onAIStateChanged" callback for entities
  • Added a "autoRotationSpeed" variable for PlanDisplayer UI elements to configure rotation speed
  • Fixed securing values resetting all script values to nil when another script crashes the VM

Misc

"Thanks to the automatic crash reporter, we've been getting lots and lots of good data on crashes, but sometimes it just isn't quite enough. So we've been adding more output to find the reasons for those crashes. This is nothing that you will notice in particular, but I felt like mentioning it because it's a big priority and time investment for us."

• Improved debug output to find causes to several more crashes

Bugfixes

"Bugfixes marked with [uBR] are, as always, User Bug Reports, ie. bugs reported to us by users. Thanks everybody for reporting and helping us improve the game! Keep it up!"

• Fixed a crash when reloading weapon meshes
  • Fixed a startup issue for dedicated servers
  • [uBR] Fixed coaxial turret building mode crashing when compatibility shaders are enabled
  • [uBR] Fixed crash related to the turret building state
  • Fixed scaling a turret part not correctly updating part positions
  • Fixed a crash when a TurretDesign item is clicked but the design wasn't loaded yet
  • Fixed a crash in turret rendering for coaxial weapons
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue where turret templates could get their size from a turret design
  • Fixed several crashes in turret rendering
  • Fixed eventscheduler script being added multiple times to sectors
  • [uBR] Fixed 'Repair ship' sometimes deleting turrets
  • Fixed an issue where windows that don't work or work differently in turret building mode weren't hidden when switching to turret building mode
  • Scaling down a turret design that is too big now correctly scales rotation points and muzzle positions
  • Fixed some cases where custom turrets don't shoot out of their muzzles
  • Fixed an issue where turret brush wasn't rendered correctly when using compatibility shaders
  • The selected turret, instead of any turret, is now chosen when entering turret building mode

Implemented command buttons in strategy state
I saw that, and I freaking love it. Also noticed that the Strategy Mode seems more... responsive? The ships are now performing my commands as expected, where before they might decide on their own volition to just not listen to me, which was frustrating (and made me never use Strategy Mode for its intended purpose - now I do!).

Scaling down a turret design that is too big now correctly scales rotation points and muzzle positions
Awww but I was using that "feature" to create Turrets with floating heads, à la 1990s classic Sci-Fi turret designs (think Future Cop: L.A.P.D.). :'(