Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Any update on network performance?

DarkLantern88

I haven't really seen much on this and me and a couple people started playing on a  dedicated server we setup recently but have been experiencing horrible latency issues whenever more then around 5 enemy ships load into a sector or you jump into a sector with multiple enemies (it gets noticeably worse the more enemy ships in a system).  Usually it can get to the point where it can take 20+ seconds on the client to just recognize that players have selected another sector to jump to and then 20+ seconds to jump after hitting spacebar.  I've been looking around and everything I find seems to mostly indicate that either we need an almost ridiculous upload speed (we're at about 20 Mbps) or there really isn't much we can do about this due to how the system handles enemy ships. 

Guess at this point I'm just curious if this networking performance issue is on the list of fixes to be worked on any time soon or if we're just kind of stuck with this and probably won't really be able to play on the dedicated server that we set up.  Or if there are suggestions on what could be going on to cause this? We really don't experience lag issues except in these situations and it usually seems to follow the player after they are finally able to leave the sector until they log out.  Even after logging out the server still shows the player as being on for a while until it finally registers to logoff.

Good info in this thread:

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,4951.0.html

Details from 9th post (is there a way to link directly from posts in this newer theme?)

Basically: Fighters will completely wreck network traffic

I've read that and assumed it was the same for enemy ships as well since we don't even really use fighters on our server and often times it is just for the individual in the sector not other players else where.  I'm just looking for either an idea on if we're missing something or if the Dev has (or will read this and say something) said anything about network performance updates or fixes at any point in the  semi-near future.