[REQUEST] Complex mod support for 0.17.

Raboy13

I've been searching  an update for complex mod and the latest update doesn't even support 0.16.x. Can someone update it, if i ever had knowledge of modding this game, i'd update it right away :D

I have been trying the past few days to update it and get it working. Unfortunately, my knowledge of lua is not as good as the author. perhaps if we get enough players asking for it someone will step up to the challenge.

I have been trying the past few days to update it and get it working. Unfortunately, my knowledge of lua is not as good as the author. perhaps if we get enough players asking for it someone will step up to the challenge.

Making it compatible with the newest version of Avorion isn't the challange. The challange is to have it running without any unexpected behavior.

And currently there a many things keeping me from releasing a satisfying update:

• reducing transmission overhead when a production cycle finishes. (Causes massive lags on multiplayer)
  • prevent the complex from breaking, when the repair button gets used
  • avoid data-loss, when the LUA-VM crashes.  "That's a nice mutli-billion Credits complex you have there. It would be a shame, if it got voided by a VM crash  ::)"
  • integration of fighters (like casual factories do)
  • have onRestoredFromDisk(timeSinceLastSimulation) simulate the time passed

to name a few. There's a lot of utility and convenience stuff that I want to add as well.

Edit: You have the permission to release a functioning fork of the complex mod, if you provide a link to the original forum thread (here: https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,3268.msg17943.html#msg17943)

Making it compatible with the newest version of Avorion isn't the challange. The challange is to have it running without any unexpected behavior.

And currently there a many things keeping me from releasing a satisfying update:

• reducing transmission overhead when a production cycle finishes. (Causes massive lags on multiplayer)
  • prevent the complex from breaking, when the repair button gets used

Yeh understand i hope it gets fixed and great work on the mod be better to have a working version than a buggy broken one so thank you!

• avoid data-loss, when the LUA-VM crashes.  "That's a nice mutli-billion Credits complex you have there. It would be a shame, if it got voided by a VM crash  ::)"
  • integration of fighters (like casual factories do)
  • have onRestoredFromDisk(timeSinceLastSimulation) simulate the time passed

to name a few. There's a lot of utility and convenience stuff that I want to add as well.

Edit: You have the permission to release a functioning fork of the complex mod, if you provide a link to the original forum thread (here: https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,3268.msg17943.html#msg17943)

• 2 years later...