At Tragic Heights - Naonite Pirate Cruiser wreaking havoc in Late Iron Sector

Kamo

Here's a most exciting thing that recently happened to me in my new campaign galaxy.

Searching for a Scrap Metal Trader in a modified and trailer-fitted Espérance line corvette, I just found a pretty populated friendly sector in my travels into late iron (coredist 480) sectors, blessed with a delicious coreward wormhole probably going to the fringes of the Naonite Belt :).

Then I heard

I see a pirate ship, roaming, selected her. A "Frigate", no big deal, except I remark "...oh man ???, [glow=#4DFF9A,2,300]shields[/glow]. That pirate faction is overequipped !". T'was a fully Naonite ship ! So I charged at her while she was wailing on the poor authorities with several laser beams, firing 120 omicron of bullets at her.

"Wait, why is the shield not going down-"

1:45 happens while I stare baffled at the revealed enemy vitals :o. 38.2k hull ! 38.6k shields ! No wonder I'm not doing anything with single digits of damage, that "Frigate" has Light to Heavy Cruiser health, having ten times as much hull as my current ship !

I abandon the sector to its new terror, who'll probably destroy all ships and stations as the poor friendly faction' ships cannot destroy enough of her shield before falling down to her superior armament :'(.

So: beware of sectors with heavily coreward wormholes. They may be [shadow=#FF2626,left]DOOMED[/shadow] by overpowered ships passing through...

So: beware of sectors with heavily coreward wormholes. They may be [shadow=#FF2626,left]DOOMED[/shadow] by overpowered ships passing through...
Interesting. So you're saying a Pirate ship stumbled into a Wormhole and found itself in a severely underequipped part of the Galaxy? That's kinda funny.

At the same time though, I, if I were a Pirate, would totally go out to the fringes of space and curbstomp some fools who have no tech to defend themselves from time to time. So perhaps you've discovered new, evil Pirate AI...!!

Really though, I think the game would become a lot more interesting if "weaker" Sectors could hire "muscle" from further Corewards either to fight in their wars, defend their Sectors, or - if they are Pirates - raid weakling Sectors for easy money grabs.

Got her !

20180715144709_2.jpg

She somehow got incompetent enough to get her shield destroyed by six or seven enforcement frigates when I was reconning to get info on her stats before I'd make a fleet of Esperances, Pitances and wall-like mutations of them to survive her laser onslaught.

So helped finish.

Yum, naonite at 470 from the core :) !

(Yes the screenie is from Discord because the Steam Cloud got dumb and didn't correctly save the screenshot.)