Calling All Members! The Wiki Page Needs An Update!

Kane Hart

I touched a tiny bit of the front page but since I'm a brand new player I know next to nothing. But I would love if all the members who have time who have edited a wiki before be willing to help out.

Don't be scared we can always reverse changes as  their all stored and it's a great learning experience.

http://wiki.avorion.net/

It will mean a lot to all the new players that will come to Avorion in its future :)

I been updating a few things here and there.

I'm sort of new to working on wiki's but I did take the time to updated the Versions History Page:

http://wiki.avorion.net/index.php?title=Version_History

I included the extra notes and info that patches have I feel their key. They do kind make the frame a bit longer then normal but I really don't see it as a big deal. I think a lot of those notes might be important to some.

Feedback is great don't ask me to format all the tables I would not know what to format it too :P

Could we restrict contributions at least to registered users on the wiki? There is already someone who has been doing edits without relevance on some pages, which had to be reverted. Having to register might be enough to keep some people from doing something like this.

Could we restrict contributions at least to registered users on the wiki? There is already someone who has been doing edits without relevance on some pages, which had to be reverted. Having to register might be enough to keep some people from doing something like this.

Registering might be not a bad idea but people will always be idiots this is norm for wiki's. As long not bots doing it over and over we are sadly best to just get use to it.

Was this the guy the hell...

http://wiki.avorion.net/index.php?title=System&diff=744&oldid=743

Added a bunch of block durability data. Not 100% certain of Accuracy, but its a good starting point.

Also created pages for most of the block types, with a basic description. Not really high quality, but a start.

That and the material mass and durability. Apperently 25x durability for Avorion is incorrect, its only around 11x. Presumably because of the two removed resources.

Gives you a good idea on how fragile some blocks are, how materials scale, and even a bit on shield durability.

gonna take a lot more work to determine how exactly things like thrust and power work, as well as crew quarters, solar panels, and other more complex stuff.

Going to have to research credit and material prices as well.

Does anyone know the priority for working on wiki pages? What should the community start with? Are there certain pages we should save for the devs/admins to fill in? I want to start putting in info but dont particularly know where to start. Anyone have input?

Admins have stated nobody is in charge of the wiki yet and anyone can work on it. Honestly just pick a section and go at it. That's all I've been doing. A lot of info is missing on the wiki and really any help is appreciated. 

Alright cool. Well ill start filling out some info later this afternoon when im off work. Ibthunk having a flushed out wiki will really help make the game more accessable

I agree! Just takes time and effort to set up! I'm trying my best to answer any and all questions and update the wiki while I do it.

I've started a table that lists all goods in the game. Once we're done with it, I could write a script that generates a wiki page for every production station type, so that we can also view bought and sold goods per station. (If that's desired.)

Also, can someone please confirm or deny that the average price (which is shown in the ship cargo interface) is a constant in the game and not generated per galaxy or changing over time?

Link: http://wiki.avorion.net/index.php?title=Goods

I've started a table that lists all goods in the game. Once we're done with it, I could write a script that generates a wiki page for every production station type, so that we can also view bought and sold goods per station. (If that's desired.)

Also, can someone please confirm or deny that the average price (which is shown in the ship cargo interface) is a constant in the game and not generated per galaxy or changing over time?

Link: http://wiki.avorion.net/index.php?title=Goods

I found out that you can just pull the good and station information from the game's script files. So I used that to generate the list of goods for the Wiki. Also, I can confirm that the average prices are indeed fixed, since they are written in the game files.