Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Turrets(and now custom turrets) vanishing when repairing

Ulrich_Rüstungjäger

As the title says, this is a bug that effects turrets what are placed in a valid area.

With the new beta branch out this now effects custom turrets as well now so I thought I should bring this up again. Currently 2 of my ships are subject to this issue one of which uses custom turrets, and I'm certain it has something to do with the the collision of the guns hitbox and the blocks surrounding it.

If any dev sees this and want known ships this works on please contact me and I will gladly provide the ships and turrets that are causing the issue.

Can you reproduce? This is a very old issue that have never been fixed. Got it by myself sometimes, but could never reproduce though. If you can reproduce please let us know how.

I can reproduce with 100%accuracy, and am pretty sure the Musai class I have on the WS is the version that can (there are hardpoints on the nacelles that you can place turrets on) they will vanish. As soon as I get home from werk I will attempt to send a gif or a video.

Can you reproduce? This is a very old issue that have never been fixed. Got it by myself sometimes, but could never reproduce though. If you can reproduce please let us know how.

I can reproduce with 100%accuracy, and am pretty sure the Musai class I have on the WS is the version that can (there are hardpoints on the nacelles that you can place turrets on) they will vanish. As soon as I get home from werk I will attempt to send a gif or a video.

Next time you reproduce, please save the ship before and after you repaired it. Then upload both ship plan files. This may show us what exactly happens to the ship that causes the issue. I think its changing block ID's, but could never prove.

I feel it has to do with the turrets hitbox clipping inside of another blocks hitbox which triggers a flag to be thrown on repair of the ship.  Seeing as it's only very specific areas that are giveing me issues. I'm further convinced it's something to to with hitboxes because on the custom turrets slightly clip through the area I have them mounted, as well as the green bounding box clipping through as well. Like I said I will post a vid when I return from work, and I will also save both states the ship is in.

I actually just did a test with the basic design that you get when you go into the turrets editor. And I am convinced it's the bounding /hitboxes conflicting with other blocks, because there were no physical blocks touching anything else and the turrets still disappeared when they went past size 1.5 and the turret body/barrel bound started clipping into the recessed areas I place the turrets

Hey!

Thanks for posting this.

The problem here seems to be that the space is quite small and a 1.5 size turret barely fits. In the turret build mode, the check seems to determine that a 1.5 turret fits, in the repair and the turret placement it seems to deny that. That's why it deletes the turret.

The solution for us will be to make the checks more consistent.

We added it to our list of bugs to fix.

Greetings,

Martin