Question about fighter Blue Prints

LughC

does the model I use matter? it didn't seem to when I looked at the stats however I noticed fighters built with shields did get shield animations. do they actually have additional/different hp or is it just cosmetic?

Hi,

I found some fighters that have shield and durability in stats. Also they have shield effect in space. But it was fighter I bought from fighter assembly.

Have other questions about fighetrs:

1. What determines the DMG and DPS on fighters? - I used cannon with over 2200dmg and get fighter with 180dmg. I have examples that the DMG or DPS output on fighter is less than 10 times from input item.

2. Is there any guide about fighter production?

Thanks for reply.

Well the dmg is deternined by the turret/the amount of slots it takes * 0,3, the fire rate is the fire rate at wich it doesnt overheat, usually at 57 servo's at a turret factory. So a 2200 dmg turret may be a 180 dmg fighter because it uses a lot of slots, doing the math it should have 3,6666 slots... did you look at the dps or the dmg/shot? If its dmg/shot, then it makes no sence to be 180 dmg for 2200 dmg turret, so i guess you looked at dps instead of dmg/shot? Maybe include a screenshot if its possible?

I've used looted yellow cannon in the fighter factory.

I don't made screenshot but I remember the stats. In cannon I looked at dmg and it was about 2200 dmg (not dps). I think it was 3 slots cannon if I understand correcly You wanna say how many slots it use to put on the ship?

And when I build the fighter I get the stat of dmg 189dmg.

DPS of this fighter is 54,3 with fire rate 0,3.

I'll try to build new fighters and will make some screenshot.

Another question: is it possible to see all stats in building fighter window? What the stats will be after building? Found It :)

Edit:

I build cannon in factory and then try to build the fighter and below I made some screenshots about stats:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Any Advice?

Edit 2:

3.jpg

4.jpg

The yellow xanion fighter should have around 500 dps with fair balance (4800 divided by 3 as the fighter's not triple itself, and re-divided by the 3 of the slots~), it's quite nerfed.

...Oh, I think I understand. Since there's only one pilot, and it also divides by gunner amount somehow... or by size (2 to the default 0.5). Around 500 divided by 4, you get 125. Nevermind didn't see the fire rate nerf. Seems damage is divided by simply size while fire rate is nerfed to "0.4".

Lessee... 13434 divided by 3 (triple modifier), ~4478.

Then divided by 4 (slots), ~1120. To get to 336 it's a ~3.33 (10 / 3 ?) divider, but fire rate has gone down so it's more like ~2.66 (8 / 3 ?), but I don't see any eights or threes. Oh well, I never use fighters so there must be someone who understand the fighter conversion numbercrunching better than me.

Mayby there is some mathematical formula for fighters?

I cannot find anything or I'm bad at searching about building fighters.

I want to understand this becouse I want to build Fighters that will kill most ships in one alpha shoot :)

Well normally its damage/number of slots *0,3, but no idea why it doesnt work like that for you, normally it does.

And yes; fighters get the fire rate at wich they cannot overheat, so burst fire weapons aren't overpowered as they would be otherwise

It's possible that it depend of the fighter design?

I use x-wing design from workshop.

And how it's possible that everyone have 0,3 and I'm not? I have the same game downloaded from steam.

I get the respond via FB and it's ok. The math formula is like DMG /Slots * 0,3  (11978,5 / 4 * 0,3 = 898,4)and the stats of fighter is correct.

Like You sad Wanderer.

Thank Everyone for help understanding this.

It's possible that it depend of the fighter design?

I use x-wing design from workshop.

And how it's possible that everyone have 0,3 and I'm not? I have the same game downloaded from steam.

I get the respond via FB and it's ok. The math formula is like DMG /Slots * 0,3  (11978,5 / 4 * 0,3 = 898,4)and the stats of fighter is correct.

Like You sad Wanderer.

Thank Everyone for help understanding this.

Nice, clears things upp pretty well, but just: fighter design does nothing. Has been a quite helpfull thread, i join his thanks everyone!

• 4 months later...

Uhh, so what's this about shields on a fighter?  How can a player add that to a manufactured fighter?

Hi,

I found some fighters that have shield and durability in stats. Also they have shield effect in space. But it was fighter I bought from fighter assembly.

Have other questions about fighetrs:

1. What determines the DMG and DPS on fighters? - I used cannon with over 2200dmg and get fighter with 180dmg. I have examples that the DMG or DPS output on fighter is less than 10 times from input item.

2. Is there any guide about fighter production?

Thanks for reply.

DPS is normally that of the original weapon, but divided by the number of slots then divided again by three.

So a 4-slot weapon's damage is replicated by a full 12-squad.

Damage and fire rate may however vary: when too low or too high the fire rate is increased or decreased, inversely affecting the damage. Damage and/or fire rate are also decreased in relation to overheating (so a weapon that overheats half the time will make a fighter based on half the damage, so the DPS is the same since fighters never overheat).

I have no idea on how to add shields to a fighter. Adding shield gens to the model does not work (Tateddles have it bad :() and so far none of my designs have shields. It's kind of very rare these times, I wonder if they were dummied out !

There is kind of no guide for fighter production: just try to have less than 200 blocks for the model (which should be saved at the root folder).

Production Value is the amount of assembly power required to make the fighter: a fighter with 60k production value is made in one minute with 1000 assembly power.

It varies exponentially by rarity, since rarity increases the stats of the weapon, but also increases the amount of allocatable points, which by itself increases the production value, and allocating points also increases the fighter's production value, so you may skimp on some points if the stats feel ok to you.

Since producing fighters needs so much assembly power, even compared to ordinary factory-stations, special fighter-factory craft may be necessary to produce them at a palatable speed.

Fighters have four stats

• Size: Size in hangar. I think the decimals are rounded up, so 5.9 is 6, etc.
  • Health: Amount of hitpoints of the fighter. Its importance may be pretty negligible, since anything that can reliably attack fighters (point defense, other fighters, seeker missiles) grossly outdamage fighter hitpoints.
  • Maneuverability: I think this is a multiplier to the amount of dodges the fighter has (in addition to its turning speed). Goes from 1 to something like 4.9 if I remember it correctly.
  • Speed: The fighter's speed in m/s. Goes from 150 m/s to 450 m/s by increments of 25. Vital in PvP, less so in PvE. Fighters that are too fast for their prey will make passes at it, reducing the time spent firing at them, and NPC enemies usually does not flee or try to outrange so fighters that are too slow... just increases time spent approaching and thus, firing. But fast fighters can return faster to their carrier.

The amount of stat points is 10, + 5 per rarity level above common.

A turret's material determines a fighter's material, which comes with bonus stat points depending on which material it is. Yay for that reddit post !

• Iron has +4 size, so Iron fighters are at most size-5 (actually size-4.1).
  • Titanium has +1 health, +1 maneuvrability, +2 speed
  • Naonite has +2 health, +1 maneuvrability, +1 speed.
  • Trinium has +1 speed and +3 maneuvrability.
  • Xanion has +1 health and +3 speed.
  • Ogonite has +5 health. (Nice material, gives 5 stat points instead of 4.)
  • Avorion has +2 to every stat. (Gives 8 stat points instead of 4, yaay !)

Some fighters have cool perks:

• Cannon fighters: Cannon shots hits with recoil, so cannon fighters can push enemies away.
  • Seeker Launcher fighters: Seeker missiles never give up ! This makes them ideal anti-fighter interceptors.

Fighter mysteries:

• Coaxial weapon fighters: how do they work ? Are they normal ? Do they fire all the time like coax-armed NPCs ?
  • Independant Targeting: Is a fighter's damage multiplied by 3 when made of an Independant Targeting weapon because Independant Targeting weapons have their damage divided by 3 ? Not yet tested.
  • Invalid fighter stats: Error message usually found with Common rarity fighters but may be encountered elsewhere.